•Chapter 14•

"Just make sure all the clothes are assigned to the correct model...Yes, call me back tomorrow... If there is a problem, fix it." Gabriel hung up.

He sighed at the incompetence of his workers. He sat the phone down. Just before he could walk away, a buzz signaled that he had an incoming message.

I swear if there is an item of clothing missing, I'm going to...

He looked at the  message ID. In bold letters it read: Master Fu

Wait. When did we exchange numbers.

Shrugging the thought off, he began to read.

As you know, I have asked the new team to meet me tonight. I now realize I wasn't specific enough. I want you to come to.

I guess that isn't a suggestion.

"Nooroo?" Gabriel said a loud. The kwami appeared before him in a flash. "Yes, master."

"You know you can call me on my first name now, right. I don't want you thinking this is like before. We are partners now." Gabriel said with a soft smile. It was small, but if you look close enough, it could be seen.

Nooroo looked surprised, but complied nonetheless: "Yes, Gabriel."
It sounded foreign to him, but after saying it a couple more times, he broke out into a wide smile.

"Now that we got that straightened out, we need to head to Master Fu." Gabriel said.

"Just say the words, Gabriel." Nooroo instructed. Gabriels' lips already formed the first words when the kwami exclaimed: "Wait!"

"What is it?" Gabriel questioned. "Well, logically speaking. I don't think your phrase would fit your new persona all that well." Nooroo replied sheepishly.

The designer had a thoughtful look on his face. "I suppose your right. What do you suggest then."

"How about butterfly wings, rise." Nooroo said cheerfully.

"With all do respect, Nooroo. I do not fancy prancing around in butterfly wings and a pink leotard."

The kwami giggled at the mental image. Gabriel shook his head playfully, then he suddenly got an idea. He had a grin plastered on his face. Nooroo was confused, but let him just do what he wanted to do. It will all become clear, eventually.

"I got it. Nooroo, pure wings, rise!"
(Insert imagination on how he looks)

The light of the transformation wore off. For some reason the suit felt more...well, combat ready. He must've been imagining things, so he took off without a second thought.
_________________________________________

"Okay guys. Wait out here. I just need to do something real quick." Chat instructed when they reached the artists' house.

They nodded soundlessly. Chat entered Nathaniel's room. He saw a peacock themed boy practising with what looked like a fan. He could also hear noises intimidated by the boy.
Swishing noises to be precise.

"I see that you made up your mind." Chat stated. There was relief in his voice. The boy turned around and replied: "I guess I have. It's La Paon by the way."

"Great, has a nice ring to it. Now, La Paon, let's get going. Our teammates are right outside." Chat said and went outside again.

That left Paon to follow him, albeit nervously. When he got outside, the crisp fresh air of early night met him. An involuntary shiver escaped the boy.

"Welcome to the club, dude." Carapace greeted. The redhead cracked a small smile. "No need to be shy. We're all learning the ropes here. Well, except for the main power couple over there." After saying that, Rena gestured with her thumb towards ladybug and Chat.

Chat put his one hand underneath his chin and said: "I kinda like the sound of that. Power couple. Hey bugaboo, do you think we'll be able to be the same in our civilian forms?"

"I don't know about that. Maybe half. You know, considering your status. Now, enough chitchat, we have a place we need to be.

With all the new recruits together, they sat off in the direction of Master Fu.
_________________________________________

Gabriel was the first to arrive. He found it quite thrilling to travel through the skyline. It almost made him forget all his worries.

I wonder if this is how Adrien feels every time he goes outside, transformed.

Hawkmoth thought to himself as he made his way to Master Fu. He entered a room to find the old man sitting there, enjoying some tea and looking contempt.

"Ah, Gabriel. I was wondering if you would show up or not." Fu said, delighted to see his face.

"Well, yes. You did ask me to come." "Yes. Take a seat while we wait for the others to arrive. It won't be long now." Fu predicted.

Gabriel obliged. Fu poured him a cup of tee in silence. Once Gabriel took the tee, Fu asked: "What is troubling your mind?"

Gabriel sighed and replied: "With all do respect, I don't think it is the best coarse of action to let me come too."

"I see. You fear the rest won't except you. Understandable, but you can't just get forgiveness, it must be earned. You now have the opportunity to do so."

Gabriel nodded. Fu could see he wasn't entirely free of his thoughts, but didn't press the subject further. There would be time for that later on.
_________________________________________

True to the word of Fu, the teens arrived shortly after. They were having a random conversation whilst walking into the room where the two grownups were situated.

That easy flow abruptly stopped when their eyes landed on Hawkmoth. The silence was unbearable.

Ladybug, Chat and Hawkmoth had an uneasy expression. Fear about how their newfound teammates would react, gripped them tightly.

While said teammates, were so stunned that they couldn't form a coherent thought.

Fu studied the encounter intensely. He knew this moment was of utmost importance. When there was no reaction, Fu cleared his throat.

Everyone snapped out of it. Queen Bee took this as an opportunity to say what most of them were thinking: "What the hell is he doing here?!"