Bloodied Body

Meixing huffed as she ran faster and faster, desperately searching for her best friend. The rain fell hard, drenching her hair and clothes. The rain continued to hit her face, dripping down her cheeks. Meixing had no idea if she was crying or not. 

She kept running. She heard her friends shouting behind her, but she ignored them. She ignored the sounds of gunshots. It didn't matter that she could've died at any minute, as long as she found her friend. 

When Meixing finally reached the alleyway, she stopped dead in her tracks. Her stomach lurched and her knees felt weak, no longer able to hold her up. Meixing felt herself getting sick, a nauseous feeling washing over her. 

"Tungmei!" she cried. 

On the hard cold floor was Tungmei's bloodied body. There was blood all over her hands, red marks on her neck, and a huge gash ran across her stomach, her shirt soaked with her blood. 

"Tungmei," Meixing croaked. She knelt down, trying to keep her nausea away, as she grabbed her jacket and rolled it up. She wrapped around Tungmei's head, where most of the blood had gushed from. 

"Meixing!" 

Fangsu came running behind her, freezing at the sight of Tungmei on the cement. "Oh my god." Fangsu covered her mouth, tears pricking the corners of her eyes. Her heart started to pound and her palms became sweaty. 

"Meixing, what happened?" 

"I don't know," Meixing said, panic rising. "Fangsu, we need to get her out of here! Can you carry her?" 

Fangsu didn't bother to reply. She picked Tungmei up as if she were as light as a feather, holding her tightly and turning around. "Come on, let's go!" Fangsu had to shout over the chaos in the distance. 

No one really remembered how they'd gotten to where they were now. 

Just when Fangsu and Meixing were about to leave, a shadow on the ground behind them appeared. Fangsu and Meixing glanced at each other before turning around. In front of them was a burly man, tall and lean. His face wasn't visible, but the knife in his hand was. 

The man's voice sent chills down their spines as he said, "I've been expecting you."