Caged

Kun was tossing and turning in his bed, trying to find a comfortable way to sleep, when he heard footsteps in his room. He grew still. 

Kun held his breath as he heard the heavy feet make their way closer and closer and stop beside his bed. Kun waited before he suddenly turned his body around and rammed his fist straight into someone's body. He heard a groan of pain before he realized he's punched someone he knew straight in the gut. 

"Ah! Kun, what the hell? Chill, fam!" 

Kun chuckled before he got out of bed and helped a balled-up Yukhei who was groaning in pain on the ground. 

"Got quite the punch, though," he mumbled, giving Kun's outstretched hand a glare. 

Once Yukhei was up and running on his feet, he grabbed Kun by the shoulders and said, "I can't sleep."

"And?" Kun sighed. 

Yukhei sighed in response. "Look, I keep getting this weird feeling. More like a bad feeling that-"

The two heard a thud outside the window. Kun was going to ignore it, but Yukhei was already making his way to the glass. He looked back at Kun and gestured for him to turn the lamp on. The light wouldn't be enough for anyone outside to see. 

Yukhei pulled the curtains back slightly and peeked out the window, Kun behind him. The sight down below shocked them. 

There was a dark figure of a burly man and what seemed to be a person slung over his shoulder. Within the mere seconds their eyes landed on him, he'd disappeared into thin air, the person over his shoulder with him. Yukhei had the sight stuck in his mind, but something caused him to feel chills up his spine. 

"Kun ... did you see that?" 

"Yeah, I saw that. Wasn't that someone over his shoulder?"

"Well, yeah, but I'm not just talking about that. Did you see his eyes?" 

Kun raised an eyebrow. "What? No, did you?"

"Yeah. His eyes were two different colors."

Kun froze. Both of them knew what that meant. A hybrid. Yukhei continued, "One of them was brown, Kun, and the other was bright blue."

The two of them stood in silence, knowing full well what they had just seen. The only problem was that they didn't know what to do. 

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

Kunhang felt a pounding in his head. His eyes were struggling to open and he felt like someone was stabbing him through the stomach. Kunhang finally managed to lift his heavy eyelids, taking in his surroundings. He was surrounded by dark walls, two candles being the only source of light. He felt scared, he really did. 

His body felt heavy and bruised, but there was something else that caught his eye. Kunhang the shape of two figures in front of him, and when the light hit just right, he realized that the two figures belonged to YangYang and Dejun. 

"Dejun!" he called, getting up to run over, but he was pulled back as soon as he got up. He realized there were handcuffs around his wrists, attached to a chain that was very much secured to the brick wall behind him. He saw the figure move and realized Dejun was stirring awake. 

"Kunhang?" he heard his friend say. Dejun's voice was almost unrecognizable. It was a pained croak. He saw the trail of blood starting at the corner of Dejun's mouth, going down his chin. His shirt was torn in some spots, revealing the gashes on his muscles. There was blood on his temples and his cheeks were scratched and red. Kunhang felt his stomach churn. 

"Oh my goodness, Dejun..." Kunhang looked pained at the sight of his friend. Dejun touched his mouth with his hand, looking at the blood that coated his fingertips. 

"Oh, that's blood," Dejun muttered. 

Kunhang shook his head. "What happened?" he asked in a hushed tone. Deju shrugged, a sigh escaping his cut lip.

"I don't know, Hen." Dejun grasped his head in pain, clenching his eyes shut and groaning. Kunhang wanted to reach out and bandage Dejun up, but as he watched Dejun deal with his pain, Kunhang became terribly aware of his own. 

His hand felt around his shirt, his fingers identifying the tears in them immediately. He held his fingers in front of his face and saw the blood dripping down his hand. 

Kunhang released a sigh and watched Dejun struggle to stand up. His hands weren't chained, but his feet were. He wouldn't be able to walk far. Kunhang's eyes cut to YangYang's figure on the other side of the small room as he heard his sweater rustle. It was a red one, but he could see the dark red stains seeping through the material. 

Dejun sighed again and all Kunhang could think about was the eerily chained door across from him and wondering if he'd ever get to walk through to freedom. 

They were caged, and there wasn't any guarantee that they'd make it out.