Act IV: Trouble In The Dungeon!

·.·'¯'·.· 1 ·.·'¯'·.·

"What floor is this, Lilith?"

"I believe it's level twenty-five..." 

"Ooooh! That means it's another boss floor! Every five floors, right?"

".......... yes, it's a boss floor."

"Woo-hoo!"

Lilith, Gabriella, Mythic, and I all entered the 25th floor of the dungeon known as Demon's Prison. To describe this floor in one word... it was cold. Our feet crushed the fresh snow that decorated the ground. The floor had a low enough temperature for us to see our hot breath as we each breathed. The walls of the floor weren't made of stone, they were made of ice and so was the ceiling. Large, sharp icicles hung from the ceiling. A few feet from the ceiling were multiple grey fluffy clouds that gently poured tiny snowflakes down toward the ground. The ground floor was covered in thick pine-trees decorated with fluffy snow. In the center of the ceiling hung a large orb of blue glowing magical power. A shackle curved around it with chains that kept it attached to the ceiling and from falling down. The orb illuminated the entire floor. It was like an artificial sun

I felt a little nostalgic. When I was little and it was snowing, I would go into my backyard and play by myself with the snow. It was paradise for me because whenever my parents were fighting, it gave me an opportunity to getaway from my Mom and Dad. When it wasn't snowing, I could retreat into the backyard when my parents were fighting, but there wasn't much to do. My backyard in the summer was just an open space with grass and a shed. I had no toys to play with, not even a ball. We were dirt poor and my parents didn't like me very much... or at all. So what little money we had was used for paying bills and alcohol. 

But... there was so much to do when it was snowing. 

I would build people made of snow and talk to them for hours just to give my mind some  stimulation to why I should live. I talked to those people as if they were my real parents and friends. I also built snow forts, made snow-angels, and I made three meter tall hills made of snow (which took hours) just to go sledding since my parents wouldn't take me.

 I also... used to pee my name into the snow, as well. 

I didn't have any friends either so I never had a real snowball fight. I did have one with my snow friends, and I always won! Well... I did lose once when I slipped on some ice and the snowball I was holding flew into the air and landed on my face. 

My time in the snow were some of my, if not the only, best memories I had as a child.

"Wait... if this is the boss floor, where's the boss?" I asked.

I looked toward Mythic and he released a shrug. I looked toward Gabriella and she quickly darted her eyes away from me with a worried look on her face as she rubbed her arm. I looked toward Lilith and saw her... shivering

Her teeth were clattering, her entire body was shaking, she breathed into her cupped hands and rubbed them together. Demons had a natural resistance to any fire or frost, so this whether really did nothing to me. Both Gabriella and Mythic were undead; walking corpses. So I doubt they could feel any of this either. But... Lilith was half-human. So I guess the cold did get to her a bit. 

But, her body was then engulfed in the warmth of embrace. Her face was set ablaze with pink as she felt me latch myself around her and shove her face into my... ab-less chest. I hugged her tightly and chuckled to myself as I held her, her flushed face muzzled against my chest.

"Wow, you're really cold... does this help?" I asked playfully.

A smile crept on her blushing face as she nodded against my chest and said, "Ye-yeah, it does."