Epilogue: Resolving Things!

"Ahhh~! This is absolutely wonderful..." I moaned. 

The bath water felt amazing when it splashed against my dirty, rough skin. I released all my stress and tenseness in the forms of loud moans. 

I had returned to Loch, finally. Everyone was scattered around, I had simply lost track of where anyone was. Gabriella was watching after the small girl she had recovered from the demigods. That small child was currently resting quite comfortably in a room and bed, just for her. I had checked her over for any tracking or spying magic that might've been placed on her. I found none.

It was clear to me that the Church of Light was quite confident their greatest prize would never leave their clutches. 

Well, what a middle finger to them, huh? 

As for what became of Lazarus, well...

"Yo, you enjoying yourself, Laz?" I asked, sinking lower into the warm bath water.

She nodded her head as she did the same as I. She indulged in the warm, lavender scented bath. 

She was naked, and to this day I am utterly ashamed at myself for not trying to look. But, I hope all can understand that I was a tired boy who just wanted to relax a bit. Perversion was second on my to-do list... for once

"Good, I'm glad you're enjoying yourself. But, I should probably send you back home soon, huh?" I stated. "Oh, wait... you wanted that favor or service from me, right? That was the whole reason you followed me to begin with. So... I'll grant your wish now."

A smile stretched across her gleaming face. Her eyes sparkled with hope as she glanced my way.

"You will, really?!" her hands exclaimed swiftly.

"Yep. What do you want? Power? Love potion? more fame? Your wish is my command, Laz." I smiled.

She grabbed my arm from beneath the water, causing my cheeks to redden. She raised it and placed my hand on the metal collar around her neck. I eyed the gleaming object.

"Do you... want me to take it off?" I asked with a raised brow.

Her head nodded rapidly with tremendous speed, joy and anticipation in her eyes.

"Um... okay? Why do I need to take it off? Can't you do it yourself?" I asked.

I mean... it was a strange request. Like, she could've asked me for anything in the world and I pretty much could've given it to her. But, what she really wants is to have this thing taken off her?

Her eyes... then died. The joy within them was snuffed out as she released my hand as to speak with hers.

"I can't, it can only be unlocked by they key made specially for this collar or by having someone unlock it or break it via magic. The collar's entire purpose is to silence the voice of its wearer so they can't use magic." she explained. "This collar is the entire reason why I can't speak."

"Seriously... then why did you put it on?" I asked.

"I didn't. For as long as I can remember, this collar has been around my neck. My father had a level five caster try and free me... but they failed. If a level five caster couldn't free me, then it meant that this collar was forged by a being of even higher power. For a long while... I could never just ask for something. I had to write it on parchment. Whenever I was hurt... nobody could hear me scream. I couldn't even hear myself scream. My guild... they are the only ones who could understand me until I met you. Nobody else had ever bothered to learn sign language... except them. I want to tell them how much I appreciate and love them... and I want them to hear it. So, please, remove this curse from my body."