Runaway: Prologue

heeey guys, 

If you're reading I hope you like! Leave your opinions please on weither you like it or not! ;) This is my first attempt so don't judge... ;o

Oh! and before i forget I haven't proof read this, so if you see a mistake comment please. 

Enjoy! 

-Kelsey

P.S. Comment links to your own stories I would love to read them!

xxx

*************************************************************************************

Prologue:

June 2000

“Daddy!! Please don’t leave me with her!” I pleaded on my hands and knees. “Don’t be ridiculous parker, she’s your mother, and I will be back in only a month. You’ll be fine and when I get back how ‘bout I take you to get an ice cream and we can go to the park for the whole afternoon.” He persuaded, with me, his eight year old daughter.

I contemplated his generous offer. He always new how to make me agree to his wishes but that didn’t mean I still didn’t want him to leave me, for his rare, long business trips, alone with...my mother.  Although my parents were married, she and him are distant, only me, their daughter, keeping them together.

My mother and father’s personalities failed in comparison. My mother, Cassandra, was mean and nasty to me, claiming me as responsible for her and ‘her lovers’ unhappiness.

 She always acted kind to me in front of him to keep him happy because she knew he wouldn’t tolerate her hurting me but when alone she beat me senseless and threatened me with a horrifically detailed waiting if I ever decided to mention a word about it to my dad.

My father name is Joe. He was a kind and caring man. He worked hard to provide for his small family and always spoiled me, his little angel of a daughter.

 He was naive to the relationship between me, whom he loved very much, and his wife whom, these days, he didn’t care for. He didn’t know what went on when he left for his yearly business venture to who-knows-where.

So, when a month past after her father left you could imagine how heartbroken I was. One month progressed into two. Two into Three, and I slowly came to terms that he would never come back. For what reason, I may never know.

 Mother said it was because of me, all my fault. But how could it be. I only ever loved him. It made me grief-stricken that he didn’t come back. That he would leave me alone with my retched mother.

Varying emotions came and went daily and it left me exhausted day in and day out. From time to time it made me angry sometimes that he would leave and not even send answers as to what happened that would make him not able to return. Sometimes I was sad and devastated and I would break down and cry myself into a nightmare filled with terror about the things my mother would do to me with my dad gone and no one to protect me.

My mother showed as much hatred towards me as possible and I know she was close to breaking point. I could see it in her cold, black eyes. Someday she would get rid of me or at least to, because I was of no use to her really. But I was ready for her, always watchful.