Chapter 2

Chapter 2
HARRYS POV:

We entered the house after a long day at the church and me going to work afterwards, I was very tired. As soon as I stepped foot in the house I ran up the stairs wanting nothing more than to strip out of my dirty clothes and step in the shower.
~.~.~.~.~.~

"Harry, dinner"my mother called.

"Coming" I said as I raced down the stairs with damp hair.

The doorbell rang while I was just in the doorway of the kitchen, I then ran to the door and opened it with a bored expression, behind the door stood my very close friend Alexis Stewart with her blonde hair up in a high ponytail and her pink lips in a wide small, with her bright grey eyes sparkling brightly. I always thought that Alexis was very hot but I never saw her as more than a friend.

"Harry" she exclaimed, pulling me in a tight hug, I haven't seen her in a while as she's been away for summer holiday.

"Hi Alex, I missed you" I said pulling away smiling.

"Ready to go?" She asked.

I knew exactly where she was referring to, it was the forest like place behind my house, we always used to go to as children to play and talk. However we weren't allowed to go too deep in the forest as they always said it's dangerous, my mother still warns me till this day. So we would just sit on this rock that we found, catching up and joking till sunset.

"I was just about to have dinner actually, do you wanna join us?" I asked.

"No thank you I already ate.I'm just going to say hi to Anne and Gemma, then wait for you in the living room" she said sweetly.

"Okay, I won't be long" I said kissing her cheek as I went in the dining room and she followed shortly after, after many hugs and laughs, she ended up eating dessert with Us and chatting to mum and Gemma about her holiday.

While I just sat in my seat occasionally joining the conversation, but most of the time just savouring the amazing taste of fettuccine Alfredo.

As soon as me and Alex were done, we placed our plates on the counter, washed our hands and I dragged Alex out the backdroor

"C'mon" I said walking outside. She followed me silently which I thought was weird because it wasn't like her to be silent, she was always one to talk. "Is something wrong?" I wondered.

"No, why would anything be wrong?" She asked smiling but it didn't meet her eyes like it usually does. Deciding not to push it forward I just smiled at her while we entered the forest and immediately we started walking through the trees.

"I wonder what is in the end, since it's all dark and stuff"

"I don't know, probably something really scary or something like that, don't even think about it Harrybo" she said jokingly "we are never going to go in there, it's dangerous" We continued talking about what could possibly be at the end of the forest as well as catching up and joking around.We were so into our conversation that we didn't realize where we were going.

"Harry.." Alexis whispered with fear in her voice.

I didn't answer because both of us were aware that we did something really stupid.

We entered the end of the forest.

Alexis came closer to me and the both of us stopped in the middle of the dark place. We looked around trying to find a way out but we couldn't see anything except for the silhouettes of the trees and the light that's peeking through them.

"I think it's this way" Alexis pointed to a random direction.

"How would you know? I don't think guessing is the right thing to do right now Alex"I say flustered

"I can see a building right there" I squinted my eyes trying to find it and smiled when I saw it. While she said that, she suddenly screamed, claiming she felt something touch her leg.

"Okay hurry up then, let's get out of here. We both ran towards it not thinking whether this was my house or not. When we finally reached the buildingI was so confused, because this was not my house, it was a bigger building with numerous windows but there wasn't an entrance.

"What is this place?" I chose not to answer, my curiosity getting the best of me I walked around trying to find the front of this mysterious building. When I finally reached the front of it I felt my heart beat racing and the color draining from my face because that was the building I saw this morning with my mum on our way to church, this was the building that terrified me to no end, this was the building that was on my mind the whole day, this was the building that I saw her in.

This was Denver's state mental institution.