| Chapter Four

"Lydia?"

Everything Lydia has created inside her head over time about the moment she would have to see this boy again after so many years come crashing down completely as soon as she sees his face.

He looks just the same. His eyes are still as shiny and bright as the day she last saw them, and the moles creating constellations on his face that Lydia once mapped with her fingers are still there, too. His gaze shows exactly what he is truely inside and Lydia never thought she would miss his presence so badly in all the years they were apart.

Stiles looks just as surprised and astonished as she is, and neither dare to say a word. They just stare. Stare at each other like they were meant to do just that and Lydia temporarily forgets that she's running late to her first day of teaching in Beacon Hills High because time seems to stop whenever she's with him.

"What... what are you doing here?" Lydia doesn't take it as in a rude way, seeing how his tone is the softest she's ever heard and his brows are raised in pure amusement.

"I..." Lydia starts, but her throat is still raw from emotional she's so desperately trying to keep to herself. "I got transferred here for a few months."

"Beacon Hills High?" He asks, still wide eyed.

"Yeah..." Lydia clears her throat, the sound sporadically breaking the bubble they were in just a few seconds ago.

Stiles nods and does just the same, straightening up on his spot as he takes a look back at the sheriff's car pulled out in the street.

"Thinking about that, I'm running late to class and I'm sorry. I wish I could talk to you more but I really need to go."

"No! No, it's fine. I understand." He retorts, arms flailing in a way Lydia can connect so perfectly to his teenage self. "I understand just... be more careful next time." He says, pointing swiftly to the sign showing the speed limit.

Because if you die, I will literally go out of my freaking mind.

His words from years ago ring inside Lydia's head and she fights the feeling to open the driver's door and swing her arms around him. Just the thought about that night brings bad memories to her that she'd rather not recall.

"I will."

"And I hope we'll see each other soon." Stiles smiles softly and Lydia's heart melts inside her chest. Damn smile always messing with her emotions like she doesn't have any saying in the matter.

"I hope so, too." A smile forms on her lips as Stiles nods and steps away, giving her space to start the car again. "Wait, you're not giving me a ticket?" She asks confused.

"I think my warning is enough. It was good to see you, Lyds." Stiles says before giving her a wide smile, turning around on the spot and walking to the car.

And Lydia is left speechless. Her heart is beating strongly against her chest and she feels all kind of emotions flood through her blood.

She wants to laugh, cry and laugh again because she just saw the person she's been missing the most, and the fact the he had called her like he once used to just makes it all worse and better at the same time and Lydia is left more confused than ever.

"It was good to see you, too." She mumbles as she turns the engine of the car on for the second time that day and drives - this time safely - to the school this all once started.

~.~

The day went smoothly despite the troublesome morning she had. The students seem to like her and she's finally setting into her own schedule. It allows her to focus and be her own self and she forgets everything that has been happening the moment she steps into the classroom.