Chapter 4: A Night To Remember

December 16 8:10 pm

(Third Person)

Zayn and Harry just finished settling in their room. They had to share a bunk bed and a bathroom. This wasn't an arrangement they were use to, considering they had their own rooms and bathrooms back at home.

"Are we being punished or something?," Harry questioned, while looking around the room. The windows were open and a little jammed into place. Zayn had tried closing them when they first arrived, but it wouldn't budge. The floor was covered in a tan, soft carpet, equivalent to the tan drapes. Luckily, they had a nice, flat screen TV; however, they didn't bring their video games, so it wouldn't be that useful. On the wall, there was portraits of Uncle Simon, Zayn's mom, and Harry's parents. Harry took a step towards his parents' photo.

"That reminds me...I have to call my mom and tell her I won't be working this winter after all. She won't be pleased, but it's a little too late for that now."

"Pretty much," Zayn said, agreeing and looking at the picture as well. "Uncle Simon said he should be home around 11."

"Well, we have a while. I wonder if there's anything exciting around here." Harry took another look around the room as if something would magically change.

They both walked out the room and sat in the living room. Harry turned on the TV and flicked through the channels.

"Nope," Harry shouted, slightly, while turning through the channels. "Ew, country dancing. I was better off jumping off the plane."

"I'll remind you when we head back home," Zayn said, smirking and trying to keep a serious face at the same time.

"Ha ha, very funny." Harry rolled his eyes and focused back on the TV.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door and they turned their heads.

"I wonder who that could be," Harry said, raising his eye brows.

Zayn walked over to the door and there stood the brown-headed boy, Liam.

"Oh, hey Liam," Zayn said, while opening the door. "Did Harry and I forget something?"

"No. I was umm... well, I figured since it's not too late in the night, if you wanted to maybe hang out a bit?"

Zayn looked to Harry. Harry must've heard because he quickly responded, "You two go ahead. I'll be watching TV."

"I guess so," Zayn said, chuckling a bit. "Be safe, Harry."

Zayn headed out and they both started walking down the road.

Zayn's Pov~

I can't believe Liam showed up again so soon. I was very surprised, yet very happy. We walked down the road, kicking a few rocks and bumping into each other every now and then. Of course, it was an accident, but I caught myself blushing a few times. I couldn't help it. I've been smiling and blushing a lot since Liam picked us up. I finally spoke, to break the silence.

"So, where do you live?"

"Just up that hill," Liam began, pointing to a house on the left of us; however, we continued to walk by. "If it's cool with you, I would rather keep walking and talking. It's nice out tonight." He smiled at me again.

"It's fine with me."

"Are you always this conservative, Zayn? I'm sure a good looking guy like yourself gets bombarded with conversations all the time. Are you usually this quiet?"

"Good looking?" I blushed a bit, but turned to look at the field on the right of me. "I'm not much of an open book. It's pretty much always been Harry and I. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind the company of others, but it takes me a while to get comfortable. Are you always this curious, Liam?," I said, grinning.

"I can't say that I've always bumped into someone as mysterious as you are."

Even though I don't know Liam well, he doesn't seem like a stranger at all. His smile is very familiar to me now. It has possibly been the only thing replaying in my head since we've been here. I don't know what it is, but I find him more than interesting. Hopefully, we'll get to see each other a lot, while I'm here.

Liam's Pov~

I caught Zayn deep in thought a few times while we were walking. He seemed at peace, so I didn't always speak. He's been on my mind since picking him up earlier this day. If I'm falling for him, I'm falling pretty fast; but, I don't want to just throw that our there. It's been only a few hours since we met. I couldn't help but stare every once in a while. The top of his quiff was lengthy an kept blowing in the wind. I don't think he could get any cuter.

On the way back to Simon's, we had a long conversation. We talked about everything from our childhood, from school to how Zayn and Harry ended up out here. We reached the gate that I once dropped them off before and came to a holt.

"Well, it was nice of you to keep me company," I said, placing my hand on Zayn's shoulder. I had no idea why I did, but I couldn't contain myself.

"And thank you for rescuing me. I would probably be bored, watching TV." Zayn did a little awkward laugh. I found it to be cute. Even after spending part of this day together, it intrigued me that he could still be a little shy. "So. See you around the farm?"

I snapped back from thoughts. "Yeah, sure. Goodnight Zayn."

"Goodnight."

I watched as he walked inside, then I headed home.

Zayn's Pov~

I entered the house. My eyes caught sight of the clock that rested on the counter. It was now 11:15. Had we really been gone for 3 hours? Simon came out the bathroom and headed towards the kitchen.

"Oh, hey Zayn. I didn't see you there," he said, fixing his glasses.

"Hi Uncle Simon. Sorry for coming in a little late," I said, apologetically.

"Now, now...you're practically grown. Don't worry about it. As long as you're safe. Did you enjoy yourself?"

"Yes. Actually, I did." A smile appeared on my face.

"Harry told me all about you guys' run in with Liam. Bright boy."

Uncle Simon poured himself a cup of water and headed towards his room. "Goodnight," he said, smiling.

"Goodnight."

I headed towards the room and slowly opened the door. I walked in to find Harry sleep on the bottom half of the bunk. I guess I'll be taking the top, though that is not what I had in mind earlier. I was afraid I would roll off, but I'll deal with it tonight. I took off my jeans and shirt, leaving just my boxers on. I could feel the breeze, from the open window, but it felt nice. I climbed to the top the bunk bed, carefully, so that I wouldn't disturb Harry.

I sighed, then looked towards the window. "This might not be so bad after all." I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep.