Chapter 5: You're Beautiful

This chapter is kind of short. It's pretty much just an introduction to Niall's character and you'll get a glimpse of how he's going to fit into the story. Enjoy :)

December 17.

Harry's Pov

A small light beamed through the drapes, shining on my face. I let out a grunt, then rolled over. I woke up to find Zayn asleep at the top of the bed. I was aware he wanted to sleep at the bottom, but that serves him right for staying out late. I headed to the bathroom, looking at my reflection. "I look horrid," whispering to myself.

After a quick shower and brush of the teeth, I headed to the kitchen. I chose not to wake Zayn up this time. It's not like we had any obligations to fulfill, so he was free to sleep. I opened the fridge to find pretty much nothing. "Great..." There was a note on the door by Simon

"Boys, I've gone to work. Sorry, I didn't get to see you guys before I headed off this morning, but I'll be home earlier than usual, so we can spend some family time later on. There's not much in the fridge. Feel free to go down to the diner. It's not too far up the road, a little past Liam's home."

Enjoy, Uncle Simon.

I placed the note back on the fridge and grabbed my small sweater, heading out to the diner. Cousin might not to be too happy with my leaving him, but I figured he would thank me later for the great amount of rest he will be getting. I chuckled to myself.

I continued my journey down the road, and as Uncle Simon said, there was a diner. It read, "Horan Diner: Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner." That was good enough for me. I walked inside and sat on a stool in front of the counter. A boy turned around, blue eyes, blonde hair, braces, and a beautiful smile. He was coated in an apron and a white dressed up shirt.

"Hi there, mate. How may I help you?" He spoke. His accent..."you're -"

"Irish, I know," he said, cutting me off. "My accent isn't quite the main attraction around here and sometimes the customers give me shit about it. They don't always understand me. So, mate, if you plan on being one of those people, I'll have someone else take your order," the Irish boy said, defensively.

"No, it's not that. I just wasn't expecting. I'm actually not from around here. I'm visiting from England."

"England, you say? And what's a fellow like yourself doing all the way in Tennessee?," he asked, curiously.

"Family."

We both sighed in unison. I have no idea why he did it though.

"My family is the reason I'm working in this place today. My grandfather owns this diner. It's winter break and he figured I could use the time to work."

"My mom gave me the same speech, but here I am." I grinned. "I'm Harry, by the way. Harry Styles.

"I'm Niall, Niall Horan or James. Really doesn't matter to me."

"Nice to meet you." I couldn't help but smile at the lad. He's quite the attraction in my eyes and I find his accent to be lovely. "So, what's breakfast like around here?"

"Well," Niall began, not even having to look at the menu. "We have a special today. Eggs, anyway you like. Omelet, bacon or sausage. Your choice. Pancakes or waffles. Honey or syrup sauce of your choice and a nice glass of orange juice. Coffee as a substitute, if you like." I caught a glimpse of Niall smiling, but he hid it quickly. It was almost as if he was insecure about his smile, due to his braces. It's sad to think people give him crap about his looks.

"I'll have that then...and Niall?"

"Yes?" He looked at me.

"You don't have to be ashamed of your accent or that smile. I think you're quite beautiful."

He smiled. A big smile if I might say so myself. He headed through the double doors into the kitchen. I could hear the sizzling of the food, the beating of the batter, the dropping of utensils, and the washing of the dishes. A few moments later, Niall came through the double doors and sat my plate and orange juice in front of me.

"The smell alone is great. Did you make this yourself?"

"Well, with the help of Maddy. She's a friend of the family. She might be retiring soon, but she's been a great help keeping this place together. I have so much to thank her for."

I took a bite of the bacon. "Well, Niall, I find this to be delightful," smiling at him afterwards. I saw him blush.

"Well, Harry, enjoy your meal." Niall returned to the kitchen. I enjoyed his company, but I understand he has to get back to work. After I was done eating, I left a $5 tip, followed by my number. I walked out the diner and looked back. I could see through the window glass that Niall had picked up both the money and my number and stuck it in his apron pockets.

It wasn't long before I reached Uncle Simon's house. I stepped inside and there Zayn was, on the couch looking infuriated.

"Hi?," I grinned, nervously.

"And when, exactly, were you going to wake me up and tell me you would be heading out for food?"

I pondered for a second, wondering how he knew I went out for food.

"Your shirt."

There was a small orange juice stain. I can't believe I didn't notice.

"I'm sorry, cousin. I didn't want to wake you up for the third time in a row. I thought you could use the sleep." I poked my bottom lip out, hoping he would fall for my baby look and forgive me.

"Harry, just leave a note next time."

Our conversation was interrupted when we heard the entrance gate opening. We both walked over to the door and looked out. A tractor appeared, heading towards Uncle Simon's field. I could recognize that face from a mile away. It was Liam. I looked over to Zayn and caught him blushing a bit. We both headed out to the field towards the tractor.

"Hey, Liam!," I yelled. I tried to get his attention, but there was too much noise going on. "Liam!" The tractor came to a stop.

"Oh, hey boys. Sorry about that. Hi Harry...Zayn," he nodded and smiled at cousin.

"Hey there," Zayn said, shyly.

"Well, I'll be inside if you need anything, Zayn." I had purposely left him with Liam alone. He'll thank me later.