Chapter 16: Liam's Gift

AN: Originally, there were two chapters left; however, I read over them yesterday and I realized that they were very short. So, I combined them into one and made this the final chapter. Thank you to everyone who has read, commented, and voted. It means a lot! Also, if you like, check out my other stories I've been working on: "Stardom" (Niam) and "Guardian Angel" (Larry). Enjoy :-)

__________________________

December 27.

Zayn's Pov~

Harry and I were packing our things. He was aware of my situation with Liam and tried his best to cheer me up this morning. I didn't want to be a "Debbie Downer," considering he had an amazing time with Niall last night, so I told him not to worry about it. We headed out the room.

"Say goodbye to Simon, boys."

"Goodbye, Uncle Simon." Harry and I spoke in unison and said our farewells with hugs. Our cab awaited us outside and we departed. I took one last look back at the house, towards the field, hoping Liam would be there, coincidentally, working in the field. He wasn't. I guess he didn't want to be here when I left. I guess we were over. Tears fell down my face, as I turned back around in my seat. Harry comforted me.

December 28.

Harry's Pov~

It was our first full day back in England. Zayn was still a bit mopey, kept to himself most of the time. I know how he felt. That was me when I had returned back on my own. Although I was here, he still felt alone. Liam wasn't here and that's all he wanted. I went into Zayn's room and opened the drapes. The little sun that was out beamed on his face.

"Get up!" I pulled the blankets off of him. I grabbed on to his legs, trying to pull him out of Zayn; but, he held on to the head board. He's so stubborn. I didn't give up though. "I refuse to look at your sad ass face another day. Get up! We're going out. Just you and I, like old times."

"Not now, Harry. I just want to stay in bed." He protested, head burried in his pillow.

"I wasn't asking you. I'm telling you. Get up."

"Fine! Fine..."

He sat on the edge of the bed and I stood against the wall, arms folded. I pointed to the bathroom. He narrowed his eyes at me, then marched to the bathroom.

(Third person)~

Harry and Zayn ventured around Bradford. Ice cream stops and play fighting. Harry tried it all. Zayn smiled for the first time in days. There was a carnival going on today. Kids ran around; laughter filled the area. Balloons blowing in the wind, citizens shouting at the excitement of winning stuffed bears. Salesmen yelling out, advertising their hotdogs, newspapers, and cotton candy.

Harry got candy cotton candy for him and Zayn. They set down on a nearby bench.

"Harry, honestly, I enjoyed myself. Thank you." Zayn said, taking a bite of his treat.

"You're welcome. It's the least I could do.."

They set quiet for a little while.

"Do you think I was being selfish, Harry? Leading him on, catching feelings, coming into his life, then leaving? He didn't exactly benefit anything from this."

"That's not entirely true. He met you, found love in a hopeless place."

They both laughed at the pun, remembering the lyrics to 'We Found Love'.

"I still love him. I'll always love him."

"Do you think you're going to accomplish anything by sitting here, telling me that? You should be telling him."