Chapter 6

AT A HOTEL IN KUOH CITY, (Y/N)'S POV

I was laying back on the bed in our room we rented, Luna was asleep in the same bed as me, with me holding onto her, she was very upset about us being too late to save Asia from Raynare's plot, she had literally cried herself to sleep in my arms and I felt bad about this.

"I hate seeing you cry Luna..." I said as I brushed her hair out of her face, her eyes were red and puffy and I saw dried streaks from tears, she was also a mess from this I wasn't faring much better to be honest.

Truth was I kinda liked Asia, she seemed like a genuine girl, very different that the girls I just sleep with like the pizza girl from a few nights ago, but... I guess it's like dad says, love isn't always for us, kinda like what happened with him and my mom, don't even know where she is or why she left us...

"God damn it..." I said as I carefully let go of Luna, and walked out of the room, taking out my phone and calling my dad, the phone rang a few times until I heard the phone be picked up.

"Hey kid, how's the job going?" Dad asked as he picked up the phone, I smiled a bit at hearing his voice, but it was still hard to talk about.

"Hey dad... um, it's a little rough actually right now" I said, trying to keep my composure.

"What's wrong son? Did something happen to Luna?" dad asked, sounding a bit worried, then again when it involves Death's favourite daughter, it usually is pretty worrisome.

"No, Luna's... okay, but, we lost someone today, a girl... she was killed by Fallen Angels, we were too late..." I replied, feeling sad at thinking I had failed Asia, not only had she died, but she could full well be revived by Gremory and her peerage, so she'd have trouble with her belief in God as well now.

"Aw jeez, I'm sorry kiddo..." dad said, sounding sympathetic, he knew what it was to lose someone you didn't want to, like when he thought Trish had died because of Mundas.

"Yeah, it's just that, she was someone we knew actually, she was... our first friend here in Japan, and now... she's dead, and I feel so angry about it!" I said, as my eyes watered slightly from how angry I felt.

"Woah kid, why's this got you so worked up?" dad asked, and I had a list of the things but to name a few...

"This... stupid Devil boy, got her captured because he wanted to act like he was hot shit, and then after we got the Fallen down, she used the whole... "Sparda did it so you should understand" bullshit!" I said, seething in anger from people like Raynare trying to use my grandfather Sparda's legacy to excuse their evil actions.

"Jeez, seems like my old man's legacy is still abused and misunderstood, Humans, Demons, and now Fallen Angels..." dad said in annoyance and anger, I then heard a thump from his end of the line, probably hit his desk or something.

"I hate people trying to use that excuse to justify their actions, this Fallen wasn't committing a selfless act to save a race from extinction, she just wanted to take a girl's Sacred Gear, and use it's power for herself..." I said as I clenched my fist in anger, but I took a deep breath to calm myself down, it wouldn't do to get angry now.

"I know kid, believe me I know what that's like... all you can do now, is try harder next time, use that girl's memory to get better" dad said, it was true... but it was still a hard pill to swallow.

"There's more, I think... the local Devils are going to put her in their peerage, and try to use her against Luna and me..." I said in anger, I wouldn't put it past Gremory to do something like that.

"Shit... well if it comes down to it kiddo, you just do what you think feels right, it's all you can ever really do" dad said, he was right, if I can help it I'd rather have a good relationship with Asia, and avoid Rias and her peerage, that was when I remembered to mention about the Devil Arms.