Chapter one.

"BELLEGAM ACADEMY WAS A REFLECTION OF IT'S STUDENTS. SUCH A BEAUTIFUL EXTERIOR, WITH THE DARKEST OF SECRETS LURKING INSIDE."

January the tenth was a day full of controversiality

January the tenth was a day full of controversiality. It signified the start of the new school year in South Africa. A combination of joy and misery that the girls brought back with them from their vacations overseas.

The air was heavy with humidity and the sun warmly hugged the pristine building that was St. Cyprians School for girls. The revamped campus was a marvel. A flurry of green had newly sprouted among the red-brick building and each girl that arrived after the other took notice of the homely feeling that radiated off it.

How ironic, thought Ellarie as she stepped one foot out the car staring up at the school she knows all too well. She thought many great things of her school, but homely was not one of them. Boarding at an all girls school- no matter how close everyone is -is not at all like being at home. To Ellarie it was much like being on a reality show. There are cliques and social ranks and everyone acts as if someone is always watching them. But it wasn't that there wasn't any good to it, it just wasn't exactly cozy.

Ellaries once mid length, brown hair had grown out to her waist and had definitely gone a shade lighter considering all of the time she spent in the sun, attempting to catch a tan. She felt and looked fresh, coming back fully moisturized and meditated. No matter how long the holidays were, they were never enough for her restless self.

Her legs jittered as her eyes scanned for her best friends. Finally the familiar view of bright red braids caught her view. She quickly slammed the door of her taxi and sped in the direction of her friend, who seemed curious as to the "makeover" the school had received.

"Yona! Finally, I feel a bit more at peace after seeing you." Ellarie exclaimed with relief, hugging her tightly. She had taken notice just how much her friend had changed during the month long holiday. Her signature red braids had been noticeably redone, the colour a shade lighter than before and complimented her more. Her skin was something to be envious about, as every time Ellarie saw her it just seemed to look even more radiant.

"El I've missed you inexplicable amounts! But before we go on, when did the Wallagh decide to revamp?" Yona gestured by flicking her newly painted, white talons behind at the building. Only Ellarie noticed the slight change in her accent every time she came back from holidays in Nigeria.

"Hell if I know, wouldn't be surprised if she used our healthcare budget just to spite us." Oh yes, dear headmistress. Miss Wallagh- or as the girls like to call her 'The Wallagh' -was by far the bane of Ellaries existence. Okay dramatics aside, she was the typical run of the mill horrid headmistress.
" You do realise the shit you're gonna get for those don't you?" She said looking down at her friends claws. "I couldn't give two shits. If anyone should be getting into trouble, it should be The Wallagh and those brown leather monstrosities she calls shoes."