Chapter 48

We were just playing truth or dare when I stood up to go to the toilet. I was glad to get out of the room because it was very hot in it and I wanted to cool my face with water after I used the toilet. I looked in the mirror again and observed my still red cheeks. I shrugged my shoulders and left the bathroom. I closed the door and turned off the light before I turned around and froze. A few metres in front of me stood Lucas and stared at me. My heart was racing and my hands trembled a little. It was so unreal, like I was dreaming. It has been so long since I last saw him up close. We continued to stare at each other and the silence seemed to get heavier each second. I always thought I would be crying if I ever saw him again but all I felt was the stupid desire to kiss him which made me angry at myself. I knew it was hopeless and I still couldn't let him go. Finally Lucas started to speak, but he seemed insecure and almost shy, as if he wasn't sure if he was allowed to speak to me. "Can I speak to you for a minute?" He spoke with a quiet voice and I could barley recognise him. I was confused, the last time he spoke to me was when he told me in a contemptuously voice that I wasn't good enough for him. Then I noticed that he was still nervously waiting for an answer and I nodded, which surprised me as much as him. But there was something in his voice, in his eyes that made me giving him a chance. Lucas gave me a weak smile and spoke again: "Can we go to my room?" I nodded again and followed him to the room where I spent so much time cuddling him.
He closed the door behind us and I finally spoke with an neutral, cold voice: "What do you want from me? Better make it quick, Ten and Yun-Hee will miss me soon." I was a bit shocked by myself when I heard me talking in that strange voice. Lucas noticed it too and flinched at my hard tone, but then he took a deep breath and looked at me with an intense stare that gave me goosebumps. "I love you." I gasped as I heard his words. I couldn't believe them. Was he playing with me? Was he bored and wanted to hurt me just for fun? I stared at him with wide eyes, trying not to cry: "What?!" I exclaimed and clawed my fingers into the wall so I wouldn't fall down. Lucas realized that this wasn't the best beginning of an conversation so he started to explain with a calm voice why he left me and broke my heart. As I listened to him talking my pounding heart calmed down and I could stand on my own again. I realized that this woman, Jovana, was the reason of my sleepless nights and all the pain I have suffered. But I didn't want to make it that easy for him, even though he just did what he thought was right, he still broke my heart and left deep scars. As he finished his story I looked at him with an serious expression: "This is a lot to think about, give me some time." With that words I turned around and made my way back to Ten's room where I was already awated impatiently.