Chapter 42- New boyfriend?

Katies pov

For the past few weeks I've gotten to know Jake better, like he had a little sister and his parents were divorced. He's also 14, yay. And he used to play baseball before the apocalypse started, he was also apparently very geeky. (Lol sorry I have a thing for cute geeky boys ^·^) Today we (Jake and I) are just staying at terminus and chilling, we were all alone in my "bedroom" just talking.

"Katie?" Jake asked,

"Hm?" I hummed.

"Do you ever wanna date again?" He asked, and with that one question my heart stopped. Do I wanna date again? Will I date again?

"I mean it'd be nice to, but-" I said looking down while bitting my lip,

"But what?" Jake questioned looking down at me. It was silent for a few minutes, then I sucked in a breath.

"I don't want to get hurt like I did with Carl, I don't want that shit to happen again." I stated looking from the ground to his beautiful green eyes, Jake brought his hand up to my my face pulling a strand away from it.

"I'd never do that." He said looking in my eyes, everything was going in slow motion. Jake was leaning in to kiss me, "but-" I started but he cut me short.

"Shh, don't think about it" and just like that he kissed me, and I kissed back. Don't get me wrong it was great, but it wasn't Carl. Apart of me hated him for what he did to me, but apart of me wanted to get back yogether. But that'd never happen, it couldn't.

Pulling away from the kiss I let out a sigh abd smiled, "so does this mean you'll be my girlfriend?" Jake asked smiling. "Hmm, I don't know..." I let out teasing him, Going along he dropped his jaw and gasped. "But I kissed you!" He fake cried, laughing I finally answered. "Yes, Im your girlfriend." As I said the words I'd never thought I'd say again, I seen the one person who I didn't want to see. Carl.

He looked hurt, but I don't give a fuck. He hurt me, now it's his turn.

Feel the burn Carl Grimes.

Hey guys how's school going? Or the last of summer? So I hope you liked the chapter! And I don't wanna say it, but we are getting to the end of the story. :C I know you're sad, but who knows I might do a sequel...I think Im gonna do like three more chapters, but I might do more. So I hope you've been enjoying the story! Love you guys! Xoxo