Talk

*Imani's POV*

After dinner we all got back into the same cars we came in. Shareef and I were quiet though. He started to drive. "Can we talk about this now?" Shareef finally said.
"Okay..." I sighed.
"Why? Why do you still talk to that piece of shit??"he asked.
"Cause..." I sighed, "You don't understand."
"Then make me understand," he glanced at me quick before looking back at the road.
"Am I ever going to find anyone again? Find someone who actually appreciates me? Someone who thinks I'm beautiful for me, not for my money, my father, my fame. Just me..." I sighed.
"He isn't the one that will though. If he thought you were any of those things he wouldn't have fucking hit you Imani," Shareef sighed.
"I know but what if he's the only one I cant get!?" I sighed.
"He isn't! You will find someone else!" Shareef stopped at a red light.
"Who?! Who the hell wants someone who was beaten, who's emotionally unstable? Someone who puts basketball first?? Someon-" He cut me off with his lips pressed against mine. My eyes closed and I kissed back right away. We were interrupted by the sound of horns beeping. He pulled away and saw the light was green and started driving again. He let out a chuckle. "Me Mani, me," he glanced at me. I was smiling ear to ear. "You sure?" I smiled small at him.
"Yes. I've wanted you before I even knew what feelings were," he shrugged a little, "And I have been keeping up with you on social media.. The more I saw you the more I wanted you but I knew long distance wasn't an option."
"Oh... Really?" I looked at him. He nodded his head. He pulled into his drive way and parked. He looked at me and smiled. "Yea Imani," he nodded, "I swear."
"Okay," I nodded, "He's cut off. He's done. I'm done with my ex. Lets focus on us."
"Us?" he smiled.
"Yeah. Us," I nodded, smiling small.
"Good," he nodded. He kissed my forehead and unbuckled his seatbelt. "Now c'mon I stayed at your place and now it's your turn to stay at mine."
"Really?" I smiled small.
"Yeah let's go," I giggled.

We went inside and he took me up to his room. His room was so much nicer than my whole apartment. "You bought this?" I asked.
"Well we are renting it out," Shareef nodded, "Think I wanna buy it maybe next year but I'm not sure yet."
"Damn," I nodded, sitting on his bed, "This place is super nice."
"It really is," he agreed, he sat next to me, "It's just missing a woman and a puppy." He chuckled a little. I nodded, laughing with him. "You right. But you got Kris c'mon you two can be loversss!" I teased.
"Oh definitely," he laughed sarcastically. I laughed and shook my head at him. "Nah need me a woman... preferably with a cute little black girl... with curly hair... beautiful sparkly eyes... lul short 'n thicc."
"Stoppp," I laughed, shaking my head.
"Nahhh," he chuckled, smiling at me, "Her name should start with an I... You know those girls always the finest."
"Shareef!" I giggled, my cheeks turning red.
"Aweee damn I love when you blushing," he smiled at me, kissing my cheek a few times. I shook my head a little and put my face into his chest. He wrapped his arms around me and laughed a little. "My girl," he whispered.
"Your girl Reefy... Your girl," I whispered back.