Wake Up

*Imani's POV*

Beep... beep.... beep... beep...

I fluttered my eyes open then squinted at the bright lights shinning in my eyes. Where the hell am I? I tried to sit up but I couldn't. What the hell!? I looked around and I was in the hospital... Oh yah.. I remember no.. I was stabbed. I looked down at my body and I was laying in the hospital bed in a hospital gown. There was a head in my lap. It was my moms. I looked over at the couch and saw my brothers and dad there. They were on their phones occasionally looking up at me. Why don't they see that I'm awake?! I tried to talk to them but I couldn't... What's happening?! I moved my hand a little bit and my mom shot up in her seat. "Imani!?" she asked. I tried to talk but couldn't again. I moved my fingers, tapping the bed. "Baby talk to me," she sighed, moving my hair out of my face, "Open those beautiful eyes and let me see you.." My eyes aren't open!? How can I see right now?! What's happening!?!? I moved my fingers again. Then they called the doctors in and a few rushed in and started taking tests on me. Then I felt something press against my arm and something cool running through my arm. Then everything was black again...

*Shareef's POV*

My dad walked in and sighed. "Dad what happened is she awake?!" I sighed, looking at him.
"Not necessarily," he shook his head. He sat in the chair next to me and held my hand. "She was responsive.. But they put her into a medical induced coma. She couldn't move, couldn't talk, couldn't wake up..."I shook my head and sighed. "Dad I need to be there!" I sighed.
"I know, I know," he nodded, "She needs you. I can tell.. You get out tomorrow.. She will be in her coma for a few days... Once you're cleared you can stay with her okay?" I fell back on the bed and put my hands over my face. I let tear fall and shook my head. "I need to see her!!" I yelled, letting tears fall, "My baby is in there struggling and I cant do anything!!"
"You can," my mom put her hand on my knee, "Pray... Pray and see her in your thoughts and wish her good... Wish her healthy okay?.."
"Okay," I sighed.

Two days later I was cleared.. I finally got to see her and nothing was going to stop me. I didn't care about her dad I didn't care about anything. I found the room and knocked. I was told to come in. My mom was behind me. I walked in and sighed. "No!" David said right away, "Out!!"
"David..." Valerie, his wife, started. I sighed a little. "Please I need to see her sir... I've been worrying sick," I sighed.
"Where were you then huh!? When he came to her house?! Huh?!" he raised his voice.
"The hospital," I sighed, looking down at my feet, "Helpless..."
"Let's go talk," Valerie took my mom and him to the hallway and shut the door. Her brothers were sitting on the couch watching me. I sat down on the chair next to her bed and took her hand. I put my head on her lap and looked up at her. "babygirl... it's me," I whispered to her, "If you can hear me I'm here baby...I'm here and I'm not going anywhere... You're going to be okay... I know it. You're strong and if you're not I will be strong for you don't you forget that..." I sighed. I rubbed her hand and let a few tears fall. "Baby wake up," I sighed.