Chapter Ten - Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow

September 10

I’m back to writing on my diary! Hooray for me! After that unusual encounter with Ed, whom we found out, was the mysterious man that has been knowingly helping my plans, Ms. Lillian and I joined in my classmates in the last tour of famous places in Wolverhampton. Ms. Lillian found it uninteresting, of course, for she lived here when she was younger.

Our last day here in Wolverhampton… In less than a week of being here, I really missed home. To be honest, I missed my sister and my parents. On the course of our stay here, Niall’s four closest companions taught me many things there is about life.

Harry and Louis taught me that you should never be afraid to tell your feelings. If they weren’t that brave enough to admit their feelings for each other and to their families as well, they wouldn’t be here to find out that their little leprechaun was still alive. They told me that sometimes love is just by your side and all you have to do is notice it. Although I can’t understand why Louis winked at me after saying that and Harry giggled.

Zayn taught me that everyone was imperfect. Even in his glorious self, as Ms. Lillian and his wife, Perrie, would describe it, Zayn was still a person. Ms. Lillian’s adoptive parents weren’t perfect. They were frustrated at times, especially when their second child came into the world and Ms. Lillian became a teenager, but somehow they still had time to tell each other that they love them so much. Zayn and Perrie showed me that these little imperfections that they had made them perfect for each other and was a sign for each and every second that the love of their life was still there with them.

And of course, Liam… I think I will never understand why someone as kind as him would go through so much pain. But I guess that’s what made him so sturdy in his life as the years passed. Even if he lived with the thought that Niall was gone even though he was not, he still managed to hold on. Maybe it’s because he has friends that are always there for him – a special group of people who loved him so much and took care of him when his special snowflake was thought to be lost.

On a lighter note, I didn’t really quite understand how Ed’s plan worked. All I understood was that he already sent a pre-birthday gift to Niall and Argo (his butler who is so awesome!) was the one delivering it. He took the liberty of proclaiming that the gift was both his and mine. He didn’t tell us what it was but he did hint that it had something to do with a jacket by which point Argo’s lips curled into a slight smile after hearing the hint.

The bus just stopped… Time for lunch! After this, it’s goodbye Britain and hello San Diego.

Zac.

Third Person POV

Wolverhampton (2:12 pm)

Ed smiled after hearing the news Argo reported. He placed his phone on the table and sliced through the medium rare steak on his plate. “Looks like somebody got ahead of us – or more specifically, Liam.” The others with him on the table looked to him, removing their attention from the food. Zayn took a gulp of the water beside his plate before speaking, “What’s that supposed to mean?”

“Nothing… But I do hope it doesn’t ruin the real surprise from me and Zachary.” Ed grinned and went back to eating. Zayn rolled his eyes and continued eating as well while Perrie and Liam looked at each other, asking in silence.

On the next table beside them was where Ms. Lillian, Zac, Erika, Harry, and Louis were sitting. Zac can’t seem to focus on his food, cocking his head to the right from time to time to listen to the conversations on the next table which were usually started by Ed. Harry snickered upon seeing Zac’s behavior, “Eat first before eavesdropping, young man. You can try but you’ll never know what they’re talking about unless you ask them.”