Chapter 20

Song in multimedia: Webbie- Lovin' You is Wrong

The next day.

"Monique why you got all this liquor if you never drink it?" Mike went through his aunts kitchen.

"I do, just not often."

"This shit full as fuck." He showed Deon.

"She was waiting on us to take shots." Deon took the full bottle of Fireball cinnamon.

Deon took a swig of the whisky and passed it to Mike. He took it to the head and swallowed almost half of the bottle. Holding his chest, he sucked his teeth and belched. Deon's eyes became wide as he grabbed the bottle for another shot. Monica shook her head at her son as she sat at the table eating her dinner.

"Y'all driving, better slow down." Monica told them.

"That's Mike, drinking like he got something to prove or like he got something to get off his chest." Deon laughed.

"Shut up, dude." He sat on a bar stool.

"Why? You must do. Did you ever have that talk with Ebony?"

"What talk?" Monica asked.

"We did and I broke up with her."

"Whoaaaa, for real? I seen her at work earlier and she seemed all normal." Deon twisted his mouth.

"Did you not hear me? What talk?" His mom asked again.

"Me and Ebony was having miscommunications and she was getting on my nerves so we broke up. She called me a baby and said that she not finna be on my dick or in my face all the time. She had me fucked up when she said that. My girlfriend gotta be all over and up and down this dick."

"Boy, shut up." His aunt laughed.

"Really though. I mean, I felt I was like that with her. Walking round with that corny ass phone case to make her feel special. Doing other shit that I can't say in front my mama, but she didn't complain about none of that."

"You can say whatever in front of me. You know that."

"Nah, you don't wanna hear that. But just know, I was a good ass boyfriend to her. I'm an affectionate person so it pissed me off when she started talking shit. I only wanted the best for her and to make her happy. And if she felt like I was being too clingy, she should have fucking told me that. I don't have a problem with falling back a lil."

"Everybody not deserving of that, baby." Monica told him.

"I know. Deon, you said she was acting normal today at work?"

"Yeah, she wasn't talking to nobody, but she hardly do."

"Mmh. She don't care, she straight responded with 'aight' after I told her about herself. It took everything in me not to be petty. Y'all know when I get mad I start bringing up all types of stuff. I'm growing up cause I just walked out."

"What you expect when you dealing with them loud mouth type of girls? I'm surprised y'all even lasted that long." His aunt told him.

"You right, but I love them type of females. That's a turn on to me. But as I get older, I guess I gotta get outta that stage. I'm done dealing with fee's like her, I'm a get a woman with wife qualities next time. Somebody that I see myself settling down with cause it's almost time for me to start a family. That's what I really want."

"I'm so happy you out of my house with your girlfriend issues."

"Ma, I haven't lived with you since I was eighteen. I didn't even bring no relationship issues home to you."