1. Illicit

[Knothole]
[South island, Mobius]
[Year 31∆∆]

[The future has been torn asunder by an entity known as Enigma- a Coyote gone mad with power due to an unknown source hellbent on destroying and reshaping the world.
Silver, a young hedgehog with psychokinesis, is at a battle to stop this being and send them to a place called "Felsic".]

[As I write this, the battle for the land is ongoing. It has been hours. No end in sight unless something happens.]

"You won't... You won't kill me that easy..."
"My, aren't you stubborn?"
"S-shut up a-and- AUGH!"

The hedgehog was thrown to the mountainside with one swift movement. Pained but not broken, he stood to his feet. The teal energy radiating from his hands and cuffs enveloped his body as a makeshift force-field, mirroring and absorbing the static-filled blows. With every hit, he could feel his energy draining more and more.

"Y-you may look tough, but your blows are nothing for me!" The silver hedgehog said, his barrier fading out and his cyan aura flared to life around him.

D-Dang it... what kind of power is that?

"You're weakened. Face it, boy, you cannot defeat me." The coyote pridefully announced, their dark aura flaring as well.

"Keep talking, Enigma! It gives me more time to hit ya!" The young hedgehog smirked as he "flew" to Enigma, hurling rocks and broken tree branches towards them.

The coyote flashed their bronze eyes, teleporting in front of Silver and choking him. Silver grabbed onto their wrists, trying to pull himself free as gold met bronze. Their glares spoke two different words-- one of pride, the other of assurance.

"Whether you came from the future or not, you are a pest. And like a pest, you will be squashed like one."

Cyan faded to black static, fully engulfing Silver's body and draining all remaining color and fight left in him. He cried out as he was then violently purged against a wall.
He fell, unable to even hold his weight in his arms. He was too tired, he couldn't focus enough energy to protect himself. After two or so hours of non-stop fighting with this being, the fight had left him.

[Argentum has been weakened. I must assist.]

[Until then,]
[Μόλυβδος]

"Finally, time to put an end to your miserable existence." Stated the beige coyote as they took steps towards the boy.

Cracking their knuckles, they enveloped in a dark aura once more and began to build up a flickering aura in their palms.

I'm done for... I... I'm sorry everyone... I've failed the future...

Silver awaited his imminent death, knowing that fighting this mobian-demon-thing was useless. He felt a static sensation in his body and screamed as it attacked his very core. Going silent, his body was covered in a thick static-filled energy. It wouldn't stop, the harsh needle-like stabbing he felt in his arms and chest, attacking his power sources and draining all of his energy. It hurt so much...

Until the pain suddenly stopped.

"Haha!... What?!"

The young hog opened his golden eyes, widening as he saw what the coyote was astonished by A levitating dark silver fox was in front of him. Thick pure white hair tied up into a ponytail that gently swayed in motion to her anti-gravity field, finger-less white gloves with identical indigo symbols that pulsated with chaos energy. A long black indigo lined sleeveless trenchcoat with a violet strap that seemed to click the attire in place. They had on faded indigo boots and silver amplifying cuffs nearly identical to his own golden ones, complete with the energy lines as well.

"W-who... What..." Silver stammered as he began to feel a small amount of energy wrap around the most damaged spots in his hands and chest. These energies felt warm and inviting. Nice and calming. He watched in shock as the scars on his hands began to fade.

Looking up, he saw himself and the being surrounded in a soft violet barrier, holding back Enigma's attack. This violet barrier had some sort of healing ability... but how? It was then that he gathered the energy to stand up. He wasn't alone, no, not the only one who had his kind of powers. He hasn't met anyone like this in... gosh... how long has it been?

Go. Attack.

He snapped his attention to the fox in front of him. Were they talking to him? He had to try and communicate back to the fox.

But who are-

NOW.

Startled by the telepathic shouting, the hedgehog flared up in his psychical cyan aura and left the barrier as it disintegrated. The barrier's healing abilities were just enough for him to gather his focus back as well as his fighting spirit.

"H-how..are you?!" Enigma chuckled, letting out a growl as his dark energy engulfed his own body. "Come at me then, silver boy. Just try and defeat me!"

"Take this, mangy!" He taunted as he lifted a large rock up and hurling it at the being.

The beige coyote jumped away, their hands glowing with black energy, lunging at the hedgehog. Enigma countered with a full concentrated ball of pure vampiric energy. As it hit Silver, he cried out as his energy was being stolen again.

"No one can keep me from my- grk!"

Before he knew it, the mental anguish from the vampiric energy drain was over. Weakened but still somehow able to focus, the young hedgehog caught himself from falling and levitated once more. He watched, his eyes widened by what he saw. He felt as if time had slowed briefly as he assessed what he was looking at: an indigo arrow piercing his enemy's chest before disintegrating. The fox held a violet semi-transparent bow and another arrow ready to fire. Time kicked back into motion as the coyote clutched their chest.

Portal. Now.

Enigma turned to the mysterious stranger, levitating to the person with all of their strength. He shot multiple concentrated balls of energy as he shouted at the fox. The stranger flew away from Enigma, indigo trailing behind her as she dodged their attacks. Enigma turned their attention back to Silver, not wanting to fight a third party.

Silver, open a Rift now!

Silver understood, his priorities being set straight. Harnessing the last remaining bit of his psychic power, he cried out as he managed to open the Rift portal. Noticing his enemy was escaping (thanks to the stranger distracting them), he used his telekinetic arms to grab onto the coyote, wrapping their limbs in a cyan energy. They tried to fight back against the powerful gravitational pull, trying to form their static energy but failing.

Silver shouted, "YOU'VE DONE," he held the coyote in a telekinetic choke-hold, grinning as the enemy's aura finally began to fade, "ENOUGH," He jumped back before flinging his enemy into the portal, "HERE!" He shouted as he hovered swiftly to the portal's entrance. Enigma was rebounding, fists clenched as they dashed for the opening. Focusing as much as he could, he forced his palms shut and successfully closed the portal.

"Ha. Ha... I.. Did it..." The boy panted as his aura began to fade as he lost consciousness and began to fall.

The fox held their arms out, engulfing Silver in a gentle indigo aura and preventing him from falling further.

Well done.