21. Orenda

Silence filled the niche vined enclosure as the teens thought about what the deity had said. Silver sealing away Noise? A mortal entrapping a God? There weren't any words that could describe just how much insanity this all was. Considering the current state of his future though, this wasn't too hard to comprehend.

"This is absurd," Enigma spoke up, dark bronze eyes leering at the moth.

"Dearest child of Flora," Axiom began, approaching the coyote. "I understand it is a difficult thing to ask of two young children but I know you two are the only ones able to stop my sibling."

"How do you know that, though?" Enigma retorted, taking a cautious step back from the deity. "What inclination can you possibly have that we can do anything?"

"Because you both have been to the only area of nullification." The moth's wings sprinkled some spores, forming star maps of imagery. "Felsic, as I have mentioned, is a place nestled in the vast emptiness of the astral world. Somewhere that is inaccessible by any mortal means."

The moth looked to Silver as they continued to speak.

"You, Argentum, have passed that realm before."

Silver looked down, trying to wrap his mind together and searching for any memories. "I do remember Felsic. It was almost impossible for me to move due to the just... pure gray energy that was around me." He pointed to Enigma, "you didn't seem to have any issues with moving, Enigma."

"I don't even remember being in that place," Enigma replied, trying to trigger any memory of the event.

"While under my sibling's power, you were immune to the effects of Felsic." The moth puts her hands on her chest, sighing softly, "Since the plane is so dense with negative energy, it is near impossible for any being to use abilities outside of my sibling and me."

"Then, how would we even get Noise- er, Paradox- into Felsic?" The coyote asked, looking down as their minds raced, "If we can't use our powers in that place, how would holding them in there even be possible..?"

Silver was quiet as he listened to the question. He felt so confused, to say the least.

"Simple," Axiom looks to Silver, "Argentum, you have not felt the corruption of my sibling's power. Your energy, the abilities you were born with, have made you impossible to use as a vessel." She continued, closing her eyes, "Pure un-aligned psychokinesis is incredibly rare. As such, your abilities are not affected by my sibling's energy."

"Wait, if that's true, then why do I get so... worn out when their power hits me?" Silver spoke up. Admittedly, he was wary of how this was going.

"As a pure psychokinetic, you may not be able to be used as a vessel, but you are twice as susceptible to the nullification. Unless," She answered before they retrieved the shard from her forehead and held it out to him, "you wield my power."

Silver could only gawk at the offer before asking, "wait why can't I just use the chaos emeralds? Wouldn't that give me enough power?"

Axiom shook their head.

"The other five emeralds were sealed away to prevent my twin from abusing them. It was unlikely, but... after they gave into temptation, I did not wish to take any chances."

The space became silent as Silver glanced at Enigma, who shrugged.

"... But... I don't want to become a tool for otherworldly power. Isn't there any other way?"

"I truly wish there was, my dear. But this is the only way."

"The only way to fix my future and... save Moly." He spoke to himself before clenching his fist in determination.