11. Gravity

[Sanpelagroso]
[South Island, Mobius]
[Year 56XX]

[We have arrived on the island safely.]

[I've been feeling more and more comfortable around Argentum, trying to show that I care about him on an emotional level than anything else.]

[But we aren't here on a vacation. We're here to put an end to Enigma.]

[Until then,]
[Μόλυβδος]

-------------------------------------------------------

"See anything?" Moly asked, levitating over the surprisingly lush rainforest that claimed the remote island.

Silver was doing his best to try and find where exactly the comet was, yet his vision was hazy. Something- no, someone- was preventing him from seeing it. He clenched his fists in annoyance, trying to connect himself more to the comet he had seen and yet... it was nowhere. He couldn't see it, couldn't sense it and couldn't find where it had impacted.

"No." He opened his eyes and huffed as he crossed his arms. "This is pointless, I can't see anything."

"Not even a point of impact?" Moly levitated up to Silver, looking out in the direction he was facing.

"I could've sworn there was some sort of crash... I could hear it." He gave an uneasy glance back out, his eyes scanning the northern part of the island.

"Shall we go search?"

"We don't have a set direction, that's the problem."

"That hasn't stopped you before."

"Maybe not but," He flew a bit ahead, Moly following close behind, "without a point of impact or smoke or something, we're powerless. There's nothing we can-"

They didn't have to move any further as they both yelped in surprise as a sonic boom crashed in front of them. The impact shook the earth below them, knocking some trees loose as the two held each other protectively as they were pushed back by the shock-wave. Silver did his best to stop them from going flying, managing to withstand the worst of the energy.

Both of them opened their eyes as the shock settled, fear and anxious visible in their expressions.

The previously beautiful island full of rich greenery was now the same as the Outskirts- a broken fiery land that radiated hostility. Who knew what kind of destructive energy was surging through Mobius...

"Are you ok?" Silver immediately asked, having been too used to surprise comets like this, tightly held his friend.

"Yeah, I think so. What about you?" Moly replied with a shaky voice.

"I'm fine... But this isn't good. The rate at which these rocks are falling will cause devastation." He spoke, gently letting Moly go as he hovered over the newly embedded meteor. He thought for a second before turning to Moly, "Let's go."

Setting her knapsack down in a safe and secure tree hole, she took one last look at the Chao who looked back at her. She smiled as she pet all of their heads before catching up to Silver.

"Right. Let's finish this."

* * *

Something felt... Off about this world. Everything was eerily still, there was no color, the sky was full of tiny specks resembling stars. The only hue was a foreboding emerald energy in the distance. Nothing but silence between the fox and hedgehog as they floated towards the faint glowing orb.