Day 3 / | \ Escape

Maybe it doesn't look it, but I am screaming. I'm screaming on the inside, for help. I need to get out of here. I may look happy, but really I'm scared, cold, and sad. I may have a smile on, but in the inside I'm crying....
________________________________________________________________________

     We've been driving for awhile. The sun is sun sinking and the stars are starting to twinkle in the sky. Sophia is next to me asleep. I haven't slept since yesterday. Now I'm stuck with my own voice.

Come on!! I'm bored, give me attention.
I ignore her. I won't talk to her. I don't want to. Her decisions aren't right.
Yeah, keep telling yourself that hon.

"She won't stop talking," I mumble to myself.

"What was that?" Father questions me.

"Nothing."

"No, do tell me. I wanna know what's going on in that insane head of yours."

"No. I won't," I reply quickly.

"Oh, so you aren't denying that you are insane."

"I'm not though."

"Oh, yes you are."

"Shut up before I rip your throat out with my teeth!!" I'm shocked. Did that really just come out of my mouth? Am I serious?

"See, insane."

     I stay silent. What is wrong with me. I'm not turning into and Abnormal, am I? No, this is different.

      After awhile I pretend to sleep. I hear the car stop. I peek to see what going on. We have arrived in a parking garage with other people and their families. I nudge Sophia so we can get out.

"You're not going anywhere, Stacey," I look up and see my dad looking at me, my hand on the handle, "I don't want you killing anymore innocent people."

     I turn towards Sophia and whisper in her ear, "I'm gonna get us out of here, okay?" She nods and gets out of the car.

     People walk by the car and stare at me, so I stare back and they quickly walk away. Did my father tell them something about me? Everyone looks a little scared of me. It feels like I'm in some type of enclosure in a zoo. 

    I turn around and look to see if there was anyone around. All I see is a camp fire and people sitting around it. I get out to find Sophia sitting by the car.

"I saw you looking around so I figured you were planning the escape," she whispered once I get out of the car.

"Well then, we will take the car and leave," she looks at me then holds up car keys.

"Snuck this from dad's pocket," she reports proudly.

    I grab the keys and get into the driver's seat. The car turns on and I see in the rear view mirror that everyone turned to look at us. Dad gets up and starts running towards the car. I drive out as fast as I can without crashing into other cars.

     In the rear view mirror I see my father running and start slowing down, him knowing that he won't catch up to us or see us again. Time to celebrate. Hell yeahs!!  I raise my hand up with loud "whoop" and then slam it onto the horn making it sound multiple times. Sophia starts laughing at my stupidity.