2: Your Story Our Goodbye

"I was born in Birmingham, not too far from Manchester", he started," I never got to know my biological parents; I was adopted when I was 8 months old."

I stared at my screen, the box with his image, with a look I don't think I've ever given anyone. I was holding a look of such intensity and sympathy. I listened to his each word carefully, slowly, absorbing everything he said.

"Before I was adopted my parents already had a son."

"So you have a brother?" I questioned. He nodded, " He was born mute."

I gasped in surprise, "That's awful, I'm so sorry."

He shook his head, "No need, he doesn't like to be sympathized by talking people. Unlike the other members of the family, my brother treats me well, like family", he smiled, with a genuine look in his eyes.

I smiled back, "Do you have other siblings?"

He sighed and nodded, "I have two younger step brothers. My adoptive mother left the family two years after I was adopted; my father remarried three years later. And with that marriage was two evil twin brothers and a bitch mother."

"What have they done to make you dislike them so much?" I questioned, curious and anxious.

"They treat my brother and I as if we were freeloaders eating off of them. My step mother would act different in front of my dad and so would my step brothers. My father doesn't know anything, and there are some good days when it's just me, Calum, which is my brother, and my father." He sighed and dropped back against his seat. "Okay, that's enough, your turn."

"But you didn't get to the part about Cambridge and why you sighed when you mentioned it."

He shook his head, "I'm tired of talking about myself."

"Okay then," I cleared my throat, " So, I was born in Alabama and -."

He was writing something on his hand with a permanent marker, looking down, not paying attention to me at all.

"Ahem, hello?" I called, and waved my hand in front of my camera.

"Hmm? Oh, sorry I was just writing something."

"Mhmm, yeah I noticed, what are you writing?"

He grinned, "You wanna see?"

"Sure," I shrugged. He held his hand in front of the camera, and on his palm was the word, "Cloey."

I gave him a questioning look. I couldn't tell if he was being serious or not I mean he said he was accepted to Cambridge..I'm starting to think that that was a lie.

"Umm, what is that?"

"You're name", he chirped.

I chuckled, "That's not how you spell it?"

He looked taken aback, "Really?"

"Yeah, it's C-H-L-O-E."

He furrowed his brows, "That's a weird way of spelling it."

"Are you joking right now? I'm pretty sure there are Chloes in England."

"Yeah...I'm just making a joke," he said with straight face.

"Right.."

He let out a laugh, " I'm surprised you know that there are Chloes here when you didn't even know that British people drink tea."

I rolled my eyes, "Still holding that against me?"

We chatted for hours that night about nonsense. I told him about my life. I told him things that I would only share with my best friends. I even told him that Natalie told me that this was a dating site and that was the reason I was on here. Then he started yawning and it became so frequent that I had to ask him the question that I was dreading to ask.

"Are you tired? Do you want to go to bed now?"

"I think I should." He said, his voice, soft.

"Ok."

"Ok."

"Ok."

"Ok."

"Is there like a Fault In Our Stars thing going on here?" I chuckled.

"Yeah, you could be my Hazel Grace." He smiled flashing his straight, perfect teeth.

"You could be my Augustus Waters."

"Why, I would be honored to your Augustus."

"I have to go..But I think I could stay up for another 30 minutes if you like."

My immediate answer should've been yes. I was so close of saying it but he looked so tired. His eyes looked weary and he talked with a slight slur. "No..I think it's time for you to go to bed.

He looked surprised but agreed anyway. "Well..I guess this is goodbye.."

"Ok."

"Ok."

"Come to Manchester if you decide to come find me." He joked, but his eyes held a slight seriousness look in them.

"You should come to Alabama if you ever decide to come find me. Bye Brad," I smiled sadly.

"We'll see each other one day again," He stated, "I'm sure of it. But bye for now."

He waved and I waved back.

"Wait what's your nu-."

It was too late..the screen was black. Almost immediately my heart was filled with a loneliness that I have never felt before.

I looked at the time 12:37. "I guess I should go to sleep too." I shut off my laptop, placed it under my bed, and slipped under my covers.

"Sweet dreams, Brad."

---------------------------------

Yeah, it's a short chapter but the best conversation ever just ended so..it's a big moment.

Anyway the next chapter should be in Brad's point of view but I'm not sure yet..anyway good night or good morning! And remember to follow me or vote if you liked this chapter.

Ohhh, also I decided to cast Danielle Campbell as Chloe. I personally don't like Danielle's acting but she's super pretty so yeah..

And yes, I noticed that Chloe never told her story..but that's for later on.