Prologue

In the mist of feeling alone and sad, my depression was starting to get the best of me.

My eyes were blood shot red from the amount of tears I shed. I contemplated on how much I didn't matter to anyone, how much life would be better off if I weren't around? I often cried my self to sleep but, it didn't matter how many tears I cried. It just wouldn't make me feel any better.

It was 11:00 at night, when the moonlight shined against my window as I cried. "Oh, how I would love to matter to someone, anyone." I thought to myself. I tossed and turned as the tears continued to fall from my weeping eyes.

After a while, I grew exhausted from crying so much. I knew if I stayed like that I wouldn't get any better. So, I got up out of my bed and headed to the bathroom that was connected to my room.

Once I got in the bathroom I switched on the light switch. I turned to the mirror were I saw my heartbreaking expression starting back at me. I thought to myself ", girl you look a hot mess." I immediately started to cleaned up my face and refresh myself. Feeling a little better after my little breakdown, I headed out of the bathroom.

I walked over to my night stand where my HP laptop was charging. Unplugging my laptop, I grabbed it and got back in my bed.

My inner thoughts were racing, I was in need of a change. So I searched the internet looking for a solution.

I realized it was now 12:00 in the morning. I hadn't even noticed an hour had passed by, due to my emotional break down.

To make myself feel better I begin searching the web on my computer. Looking for some type of social site so I could make some friends. I was a bit shy around people, so I figured this was the best way to make some friends.

After searching for 15 minutes, I came across a dating/social site called Fins(think of it as Tinder or Snapchat). I clicked on it and begin creating my profile, I came up with the user name Nelly_love.

I posted a couple of pictures from my camera roll and made a description about myself on the profile.

I made my page all creative and even added some hashtags. Hoping that someone would reach out and take me out of my misery.

#Loner #Caringperson #Student #Finsispoppin

Yes! I'm stepping out of my comfort zone.

I drifted off to sleep feeling confident, yet my anxiety crept back in my head.
Maybe, it was I stupid idea? No one will contact me on my profile. Or, will someone...?