The Cave

Hermione's POV

As I'm being escorted down a dark hallway I feel my pounding in my chest. The walls are hard and look like they made of stone. There are small lights hanging on either side of the tunnel all the way down. I feel like I've been walking forever when I see an opening. I can hear what sounds like water echoing off the stone walls. We round a corner and I can see an opening ahead. As I'm lead into it I feel my heart stop.

     "Wow." Was all I could manage to get out.

     "Hermione dear, so glad you could make it. Please come sit." Mrs. Malfoy says in a soft joyful tone.

As I walk towards the table Vela and Mrs. Malfoy are sitting at I take in the beautiful atmosphere. There are small round tables, the kind you would find in an outdoor restaurant, scattered throughout the room. The lighting is dim, just a few chandeliers hang from the tall ceilings while each table has its own form of candle lighting. It's an actual cave.

I am escorted to our table beside the banister that I'm guessing overlooks the water in hearing. The Maître d' pulls out my chair for me as I sit. A waiter in a white button-up shirt with a thin black tie walks over and hands me a mimosa.

     "That will be all for the moment Jeffery, thank you." Mrs. Malfoy states smiling at the waiter.

     "So . . . What do you think?" Vela asks picking up her glass.

I take one more look around completely mesmerized by this place.

     "When you said we were going to The Cave this morning I wasn't expecting an actual cave V. This place is absolutely stunning. How did you find it?" I ask astonished.

     "Well you see Luscious and I were vacationing in Kenya a few years back and I fell in love with a cave restaurant there. I thought the idea was just absolutely fascinating. When I had spoken with Draco about it my little dragon went right to work. Next thing I know here it is. My little piece of Kenya so close to home."

When Narcissa spoke of Draco it was with the highest praise and appreciation. She loves her son. There is no denying that.

     "Wait, so Draco had this built for you?" I ask in amazement.

     "It was a mother day gift from my little dragon." She replies back lovingly.  

While we sat there talking our waiter, who I now know as Jeffery, was taking such good care of us. Always keeping our glasses full and bring out food for us without even ordering. He never once spoke unless to quietly state what he was doing or to thank one of us. He was so attentive and respectful.

I found out so much about Draco during this lunch. I learned all about his childhood and his mother just sang his praises. He really was her baby. Vela put her two sense in every once in a while. But for the most part, she was sitting back letting me get to know her mum.

     "Okay, so I have to ask Mrs. Malfoy,"

     "Please, dear call me Narcissa." She says smiling.

     "Narcissa, sorry, how did Draco get the nickname little dragon?" I ask with curiosity.

     "Oh, I often forget people don't know the stars as we do." She says placing her hand on Velas.

     "Draco and I were named after constellations.  Vela is 'sails' and Draco is 'dragon'."

     "You are my sun, my moon,"

     "And all of my stars," I say finishing Narcissa's sentence.

     "You know E. E. Cummings?" She asks impressed.