Chapter 3

Cassie's POV

I opened the door. My body was bruised after Steven beat me up. How was I suppose to hide them from my parents?

My mom was in the kitchen, making my favourite cake. She looked at me and dropped the spoon.

"Oh my god! What happened?!" She said. I bit my lower lip. What should I tell her "Oh you know my own boyfriend abused me that's all".

Yeah. So not happening.

"I g-". Before I could answer my mom quickly went to her room and got a first aid kit.

My mom was a nurse so she could treat my bruises.

"Now", she said after she was done treating my bruises. "Go and have some velvet cake I've been making", she said as she went upstairs.

I ran to the kitchen and cut a slice of velvet cake. "Mm", I said. If I break up with him he'll find me and hit me so much.

Once I finished two slices I sat down in the living room. I looked at my phone. Steven asked if i was okay.

I can't believe he asked if I'm okay! I decided not to reply to his stupid text.

Tomorrow we have school. I heard there is a new student that is going to be in my year.

I bet you no one will like him. That happened to me when I joined the school. For some reason in order to get people to like you is to join the school in kindergarten.

I guess that rule applies to my classmates. Well, good luck to the person who's coming to our class.

Suddenly I heard my mom shout. "You got to tell her!" My mom shouted. "It's too early! My dad shouted, smashing something.

What?...

My mom quickly came downstairs. "Come to the kitchen" she ordered. I got up and went into the kitchen.

My dad was sitting on a chair. He smiled weakly. "What's wrong?" I asked, leaning over the chair.

"Sit down Cassie" He said as I pulled the chair and sat down. My dad started to speak.

"Cassie we need to tell you something".