Chapter 11

Cassie's POV

I ran to the gym. Thoughts roamed around in my head. Why did Valer come back? Did he get expelled from his other school?

I don't know. The gym was empty. And silent. Really silent. I sat on the bench.

I sighed. I have bad luck. The gym doors open. Oh god. It was the last person I wanted to see. Valer.

"Hey" he said, sitting next to me.

"Hey" I muttered.

"Why'd you run off?" He asked.

"I just did" I shrugged.

"Why did you come back to this school" I questioned. "I thought you were living your dream life in New York".

He sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "You see when we moved there my dad was looking for a job".

"He got a job alright but it wasn't a good one",  he said.

"He had to be a janitor".

"He didn't get a good income and he preferred his old job". "So we moved back here".

After he was finished I should of clapped. What? It was a good story. I suddenly remembered about the crush thing.

"Do you... still remember what happened before you left...?" I asked and started blushing.

He smirked. "I remember it like it was yesterday".

"Oh god!"I said, trying to hide my face.

"Did you move because I was ugly?" I asked.

"What? No! Why the fuck would you say that?!" He said. "Dawn told me" I whispered.

"Well, you see Dawn is a bitch" he smiled. "The reason I was devastated because...I wasn't going to see your beautiful face".

I blushed. "But I'm ugly".

He lifted my chin. "Cassie... don't you dare say that you are ugly". "You are the prettiest girl I ever met!".

He came closer and he was looking at my lips. Our lips nearly brushed against each other.

But the bell cut us off.

"Dammit" He said, standing up.

"Let's go to class" he said. "Okay" I said.

We were at the canteen.

But then my heart sank.

Evan was talking to Dawn. About who?

About me