Chapter 7

Cassie's POV

*Flashback*

"Cassie we need to tell you something", my dad said, which made me feel uncomfortable.

I shifted uncomfortably in my seat.

"What's wrong?" I asked. He gave me a weak smile. "We've been meaning to tell you something for quite a long time".

"Okay..." he started. "You had an older sister".

I froze. I didn't know how to react. I had an older sister. Instead in just replied with an "oh".

Great job Cassie, a great reaction when someone says you have a older sister.

"Her name was Bethany" my dad said.

Bethany? Sounds a bit nerdy if you ask me.

"She was a smart kind of  girl" my dad said. "What happened" I asked. "Well, when we told her that she was going to have a sister or brother she was ecstatic". "She was so happy she even thought about throwing a "Welcome to our family" party.

I obviously knew this "baby" because that is me.

"After you were born Bethany took care of you so much" my dad started. "By the time you were 4 she was 18.

"One day, after school she was really upset" my dad said. "She wouldn't tell me why so then I had to visit your mom because she was sick". "She was capable of being on her own as she was 18".

"So when I came back Bethany was gone". We searched the house, the town, a few parks she'd go to and some shops". "We reported it to the police.

"They hadn't found her and decided to stop the investigation" my dad said. "They thought she... was dead".

"What?" I said, my brain trying to process what my dad said.

This moment was something I'll be thinking of. Forever. That's when I remembered.

Where's Karina?

"And the other news is that Karina is in hospital", my dad said, on the verge of crying.

"The doctors say that there is a chance that Karina might not survive". I was so stupid. I forgot about my sister. Little sister.

I've already lost one. I'm not losing another.

*End Flashback*

I looked across. Mariah who used to be my best friend was talking to Lora.

She stopped being my best friend after the crush thing. I despise her now.

Suddenly Mrs. Florence opened the door. Her face was pale it looked like she'd seen a ghost.

"T-The new student !" She exclaimed.

"He's lost!".