Number 5 (The Grave)

A TALE IN THE GRAVE

I was buried for almost a week now, I always hear some rattlings and grunts around me from time to time. I know it sounds weird, but I was genuinely happy at that time, thinking that I'm not the only one in this dark and narrow place.

It was such a peaceful rest, it continued for almost as long as I remembered. But... everything changed when my body's flesh and organs has been completely eaten by my little friends, and all that's left of me now are only my dried bones. Then, those little creatures who once accompanied me, have left me one by one, knowing that there's nothing left in me for them to eat.

Since then, the grave became too quiet, a silence that I've never experienced before. I now realized that being in the grave is a terrifying place to live in. Ever since I realized that, I've always hoped that someone would let me out of this place, anyone... anyone would do! Just let me out of here. I was desperate that time, to the point that even just a single sound, a faint one for me to hear, would be sufficient to continue living in this total darkness for a while without losing my sanity behind.

Decades have passed, maybe even more than that... I've lost count of the time I've been here, and have been slowly disappearing into nothingness every moment. This place has left a part of myself became nulled and stale, ready to crumble to dust... a befitting place for a forgotten creature in this forgotten place.

It has continued like that for an even more unfathomable amount of time. I'm now at the brink of total nothingness, ready to accept my fate and disappear without a trace... when suddenly, I heard a digging sound coming from above. My hope instantly returned and it was probably the most happiest moment I've ever experienced in forever. The digging became much clearer and louder every moment, and my joy overwhelmed me that finally, finally... I can get out from this place at last! When the digging sound was about a few seconds before reaching me out, I realized something, something that made me gone numb again and experienced a much more terrifying feeling that living in this grave was just the beginning.

I realized.. that... I, was facing the ground. And that digging sound is coming from beneath the earth. Right away! A hand blazing in magma grabbed my neck, slowly revealed its horrifying appearance, staring at me with an intent to torment me like never been before. I tried to fight back, but its huge and blazing hot composition rendered my deteriorated bone crumble to pieces and melted as it drags me down...

down to my final destination.

"The Hell"

(As I've thought, It was just the beginning of suffering after all...)