Author's Note & Extras

22 March 2019

Hi, first of all, thanks for reading! I plan on keeping this short (let's hope I can do that).

I'll start off by clarifying one thing; the genre of this piece.

It isn't a work of historical fiction, but I like to think that it takes place in an alternate historical time.

One where this fictional (but old) European kingdom actually existed. The story takes place in a contemporary setting (the 21 st century) in terms of technological innovations and I should note that the kingdom of Rositania is working through a period of isolationism (i.e. they are not particularly interested in the political affairs of other states). 

The kingdom, as you will find when reading, likes to keep close to traditional customs, making the daily lives of the aristocratic class seem rather dated.  This is why I think it might be surprising to come across people wearing jeans at home, driving cars and using digital appliances!

I have thought of toning down the modernity in some instances, but I'm still not sure. We'll see where it goes.

I tend to not plan my stories at all when I'm writing, so this is also very much like reading a new book as I'm writing.

I'll stop here and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Thanks for reading. I hope you enjoy it!

C. Rose

-------

(If you are interested in historical fiction, have a read of my other work- Willow Loves- it's set in Edwardian England.)

------

I might add an awards list here (I'll just have to wait and see if it ever grows, but for now, here's one):

3rd place, General Fiction, The Glinting Quartz Awards 2019 (March, 2019)