Chapter 3- Ho Ho Ho!

It was Winter Break, 2 days before Christmas.

Obviously being 17 I don't believe in "Santa" but I have 2 younger siblings, they're twins, Anna and Riley. They're 6 and if I spoil Santa for them, well, my mom would probably kill me.

Anyway, on Christmas Eve we get to open 1 present. My mom gets to choose it though. But, it's usually something big.

I'm glad school is over soon, I get hated on so much because of Maddie. I don't get why she hates me. I'm just going to sleep on it.

-Christmas Eve-

"Kassie, come down already!" Anna was screaming at the top of her lungs because it's time to open our one present.

"Coming!" I yelled.

Anna and Riley get to open their gifts first because they're younger. One year when when they were 4 my mom gave them a Santa gift. Good thing they couldn't read yet, or they would've been devastated.

Anna ripped her present open fast. "I got a new doll!"

"I got a laptop!" Riley started screaming. "Now I'm like you Kassie!"

Now, of course it isn't a real laptop. My mom would never but them that. It's a fake plastic Fisher Price laptop.

"Now Kassie, you might scream and tell and maybe even cry. But try not to be too loud, some of the neighbors are sleeping."

I got really excited then.

"Okay just gimmie!!"

She handed me a smaller box but I just ripped the wrapping paper, with my eyes closed because I wanted to be surprised.

The girls were giggling.

I opened my eyes to find a box of Mac and cheese.

"Really mom, is this some kind of joke? This isn't funny. Good job getting me excited for nothing." I threw the box and ran to my room slamming my door. How come I'm always the on who gets the bad stuff, is it because I'm the middle child? That's right, I have older siblings. 2, but they got adopted. My mom was 14 when she had them. She had twins, Jake and Amaya. They're 20 now. Both are engaged to each other's best friend, it's kind of weird but cute.

"Kassie..?" My mom was outside of my door. I was trying to stop crying before she came in.

"You didn't open your present all the way.."

I took the box and threw it in my garbage bin.

"Kassie please, open the box"

"Why, so I can be disappointed again? No thanks."

"Fine I'll give the tickets to someone else."

"Tickets? To what?"

"Open it" she said.

I opened it.

"2 ticket to see the wiggles in concert." I was so beyond mad.

"WHY? WHY DO YOU HATE ME SO MUCH THAT YOU HAVE TO DO THIS TO ME? THATS NOT EVEN REMOTELY FUNNY! I HATE YOU!"

"Reach inside the box sweet heart, that's for the girls."

"GET OUT! I HATE YOU!"

She left, hurt. I don't even care. She does this to me all the time. I really can't stand her. I threw the box across the room forgetting that it was open. Macaroni spilling every when. Two white papers fall out of the box.

"1 ticket to see 5 Seconds of Summer in concert, and 1 ticket to their meet in greet." I sat there crying my eyes out.

I guess that Christmas miracles do come true, it was officially Christmas 12:05...