Worse?

That night Taehyung didn't hear the sound of the click of the front door and the right side of the bed stayed cold all night. Where did Jungkook stay?
The next morning he woke up pretty early, minus the short hours he managed to get some sleep.
He didn't know if he should go to work, Jungkook did fire him too, didn't he?

He turned on his side and mindlessly hugged the pillow, which was Jungkook's, closer to his chest. The brunette looked at the clock which read 6:53, and decided to close his eyes again. Just then, his phone dinged. Announcing a new message.

From Grumpy Yoongz:
Yo, didnt kno ur fight ws dat bad. Ur dude s ded in his ofic.

It was Yoongi, Jungkook's new assistant, who also turned out to be Taehyung's college flatmate.
Miss.Min, Jungkook's previous assistant, got a scholarship so she replaced her brother for her place. Just as she had promised Jungkook, her brother, Yoongi, was even a more punctual man with so much more discipline. Luckily, Taehyung was there when she was trying to convince the CEO, because the moment she said Yoongi's name, Taehyung was begging his husband to let the boy work there. And being the whipped man he was, Jungkook did.

Reading Yoongi's text, made something break in Taehyung. His poor baby slept in his office? He probably hadn't eaten dinner either.

To Grumpy Yoongz:
Shove a breakfast into his mouth :')

When he made sure Yoongi had read the message, he put his phone next to his pillow and closed his eyes again.

That night Jungkook did come back home, but he slept in one of the guestrooms instead.

~~~~~~~~~~

For two weeks things seemed to follow the same boring routine. Each day was dull just like the previous one.
Except Jungkook seemed much busier with work resulting in spending more and more time at the company and arrive more and more late to home.

Every day, Taehyung would sleep until noon.
Jungkook would wake up at 5:30 and live at exactly 6:30.

Taehyung would call a friend and meet up for a coffee or at a mall. Anywhere outside of his house was pleasant. And Jungkook would stay at the company until 10 or sometimes 11. From one meeting to another.
They never talked in those times. They didn't even see each other, so there was no need to.

Taehyung can confidently say the only positive thing he had done during those two weeks were dying his hair to a new wild color and talking to Minah. At least he had explained himself to the woman and they were back on being friends. To Taehyung's both surprise and disappointment, Jungkook didn't fire Minah, he moved her to some other section permanently since Mr.Kim no longer works there.

So, he really fired me huh? Maybe... He was serious about leaving his life too? Taehyung and Jungkook used to read each other's thoughts just by one glance, but the brunette was no longer sure if he knew his husband.
Something was wrong, Jungkook had changed and Taehyung was determined to find out.

~~~~~~~~~~

Taehyung suddenly missed the same dull routine of the past days the moment he opened their bedroom's door to his husband packing a suitcase.

Taehyung's hold loosened around his shopping bag, and the sound of them hitting the ground caught Jungkook's attention.

Maybe he had noticed the worry in Taehyung's eyes cause this time, after almost fourteen days, he said in a soothing voice, "I'm just going to a business trip. I... Uh, don't know how long... it would take... So... Yeah..."