Chapter I

Oscar Pine is 15 years old. His adopted father, known to many peoples as Professor Ozpin, decided to enter his son two years early into Beacon with a secret plan that no one is aware of. Coincidentally, he also enrolled another child two years early: a 15 year old girl by the name of Ruby Rose, daughter of the famous Summer Rose.

"Why are you making me wear a vest, dad? All the other kids are going to be wearing their combat gear! Plus it'll just give them another reason to make fun of me," Oscar complained.
"Nonsense, Oscar. My son will look dapper on his first day of school. I don't care what anyone else thinks, and neither should you," said the professor.
"Who even uses the word dapper?"
"I do."

Ozpin smiled as he gently adjusted Oscar's orange vest to match his white buttoned-up shirt. Oscar reluctantly helped and made it known that he did not approve of his outfit.
"But the other kids will make fun of me! First I'm two years younger than them and I'm also wearing what nerds would wear!?"
"Oscar, please. Nobody will make fun of you, I promise. And if they do, just tell them that your dad is the professor of this school and that they should watch their behinds."
"B-But.. they.."
"Oscar. You can't go into things scared, even if you are. You have to put on a brave face. If anything, do it for me."

Oscar pouted and nodded, walking out of the house and getting onto the airship. He waved goodbye to his father and tried to hide where no one would see him. However, one interesting lady ran up to him.
"Oh, you look so cute! I just wanna pinch your cheeks!" yelled the strange woman.
"Nora, come on! Leave the child alone!" barked a tall individual.
"But Ren, look at him! He's so adorable!"
"I-I.. uh.. thank you," weakly answered Oscar.

As the ship started to make its way over to Beacon, Oscar looked over at the tv's which were reporting about infamous crime lord Roman Torchwick, who's plan to rob yet another dust shop was somewhat thwarted by a young girl. However, he managed to escape capture. He watched with awe until a loud blonde girl began yelling.
"That was my sister! That was my sister!" yelled the girl.
"Yang.. stop.." said a small girl with a blush.

The girl was still taller than Oscar, but she seemed very reserved and awkward, especially with her older sister broadcasting to everyone of her presence. He found himself subconsciously staring at her.
"Mmmmmmm watcha look at, cute boy?" said Nora.

Oscar fell back in surprise and blushed.
"Uh, n-nothing."

Nora extended her hand to help Oscar up. Oscar took her hand and scratched the back of his head.
"I don't think I introduced myself! I'm Nora, Nora Valkyrie!"
"O-Oscar Pine.."
"Oscar, huh? Why are you here, Oscar? You look too young to be training to be a huntsman!"
"My father is Professor Ozpin.. he decided to let me into Beacon early."
"Oh is he now?"

The man known as Ren walked up behind Nora.
"Stop running around, Nora. Did you have coffee today?"
"Maybe.."
"Well, anyways.. I apologize for her. Oscar, is it? My name is Ren. Lie Ren. Pleasure to meet you."
"It-It's a pleasure too."

The airship landed at Beacon after Glynda Goodwitch informed them of their arrival and stay at Beacon Academy.