Chapter II

Oscar slowly got off the airship, avoiding the vomit left by the apparent "vomit boy". He followed the crowd, not really knowing what else to do, but looked over and saw the same girl he saw earlier in the airship on the ground. He noticed the "vomit boy" was walking over to her and he knew he wanted a friend on the first day, so he quickly ran over to help the girl up.
"H-Hey! I'm Oscar."
"Ruby," the girl responded.
Oscar helped Ruby up. He found himself looking up a bit at her.

Oscar Pine is 5' exactly, while Ruby Rose is 5'2".

"Are you.. wearing a vest and button up shirt?" Ruby snickered.
"Uh, yeah, um.. my dad made me wear it."
"Your dad must be crazy rich then, huh?"
"I-I guess.. he IS the headmaster of this school.."
"Uhh haha, I didn't hear you correctly, I thought you said your dad was the headmaster of the school."
"He is! My dad is Professor Ozpin."
"There's no way your dad is the headmaster of this academy!"
"He is, I'm telling you! How else did you think I got in early?"

Ruby realized he was serious. She stopped giggling but stayed smiling.

"Your dad let you in early too? He let me in just a couple days ago!"
"S-So you're 15 too? You mean I'm not alone?"
"It's so cool to have someone who can understand! I've been getting weird looks all day!"
"So have I!"

The two continued walking aimlessly, making small talk and talking about the dream of becoming huntress/huntsman. They made their way to where Ozpin was scheduled to give his introductory speech. Ruby waved Oscar goodbye as she went to walk to Yang.

Professor Ozpin gave his brief speech about knowledge to the students and dismissed them. Time passed as they all gathered in one giant room to spend the night as their teams were not set up yet.