Chapter 8- Interrogating Lilith

"May I have Lilith next to be interrogated?" Logan announced, his loud yet monotone voice immediately catching everyone's attention. One woman in particular looked towards him in shock as her face turned as pale as a sheet. She slowly and hesitantly shuffled towards him and Logan automatically assumed she was Lilith. Without another word, he led her towards the interrogation room as she nervously followed, fiddling with the sleeves of her suit, which she requested to wear instead of a dress as she founded dresses to feminine for her taste.

They soon reached the room and Logan sat down, gesturing for Lilith to sit in the seat opposite him without looking up at her. She quickly did as she was told as sweat began to trickle down her forehead.

"Listen, I don't know what you've been told but I can assure you it's not true" She said almost immediately before her eyes even met Logan's.

"This isn't about what I've been told by other suspects. It's about what I've found" He took the knife he had found earlier out of a plastic bag which he had put it in temporarily and placed it on the table. As soon as Lilith spotted it, her eyes widened immensely and she gulped. "This weapon, similar to the murder weapon, was found underneath your assigned seat. Care to explain why?" He asked inquisitively as he took out his notepad and pen, ready to note any crucial information.

Lilith's eyes darted around the room for a while as she desperately tried to avoid eye contact with Logan and avoid answering the question. But she could feel his eyes on her, urging her to answer.

"Okay fine, I'll tell you" she huffed eventually. "I didn't kill Thomas and as you can see the knife hasn't got a trace of blood on it. But I did have intentions to" She admitted guiltily, looking towards the floor in shame.

Logan's interest was peaked at this point. "Why did you not murder him if you intended to?" He asked her.

"Because I chickened out okay! I got too scared to. I didn't want to go through with it anymore. I didn't want to murder such a sweet guy. But I knew, or thought that I had to. I guess it didn't matter anyway though since someone else did the job for me" She sighed.

"So, if Thomas was so sweet and innocent in your eyes then why would you murder him? What did you have against him?"

"Nothing" She answered simply and Logan raised a confused eyebrow.

"Nothing?" He repeated and Lilith nodded. "Then why on earth would you kill him?"

"To help my best friend, Patton"

"Wasn't he the groom though? The man who Thomas was about to marry?" He questioned in a confused tone, which was unusual for him and Lilith nodded again.

"He didn't love him though. He's in love with Virgil, Thomas' brother. They were dating behind Thomas' back. But when Thomas proposed, Patton felt too bad to say no or end the engagement because he didn't want to hurt Thomas so as his best friend and maid of honour I was gonna help him out. Kill Thomas before Patton was forced to be with him forever" She recounted the whole story and it was only once she had finished and noticed that Logan's eyes were wide in shock that she realised her mistake and her face somehow paled even more.

"I wasn't supposed to tell you that" She mumbled. "I was meant to keep it a secret"

"Well thank you for telling me" He thanked her with a small smile. "It will really help me with my case"

"But please detective, don't interrogate Patton or even Virgil for that matter. They may have been having an affair behind Thomas' back but they wouldn't kill him. Especially not Patton. I know him better than everybody else and he definitely isn't a killer. He wouldn't, well physically couldn't ,bless him, hurt a fly let alone murder his own fiance. And just look at how much dispair this murder has brought him. He's crying his eyes out bless him"

"I'm afraid that he is still a suspect and must be interrogated, along with Virgil" Logan informed her.

Lilith sighed and hesitantly nodded. "I understand"

So, which suspect should be interrogated next?

Patton

Virgil

Deceit

Jessie