Chapter 2

Danielle's POV

30 minutes later:

Once I get home, I put my phone on charge to make sure I don't miss if Jack messages or rings me. I know I sound needy and desperate but he seemed really nice (and fit) and I want to get to know him better. I mean, we only spoke for about a minute, so you can't really blame me.

5 minutes later:
*ping*
I run over and check my message, hoping for it to be Jack. It's not, it's my ex boyfriend Marcus who keeps messaging me with threats if I don't get back together with him. I repeatedly block his number but he finds a way to get a new one and threaten me.

marcus:  I saw you talking to a guy today.
me: and?
marcus: you better stay away from each other or any other guys.
me: marcus. you cannot keep doing this to me, if i meet another guy that I like, you will just have to deal with it because you don't control me or that other person.
marcus: stay away from any guys or else.
me: i'm not scared of you marcus.

I lied. I am terrified of him. He continually threatens me. He knows where I am 24/7 and if he sees me with another guy he plans to sabotage my life and hurt me. Last week, he got into my house and took my house keys so he can always get into my place to check on me. I have called the police but he always manages to get away with everything he's done.

*ping*

This time it's Jack.

jack: hey, is this the girl I met in McDonalds?
me: yeah it is, my name is Danielle.
jack: that's cute. so when are you free?
me: normally, i work between 10am and 4pm so anytime before or after. 
jack: that's great! can i take you out on Friday at 6pm?
me: i would be privileged. where are we going? 
jack: that's a surprise. just wear something cute and send me your address and i will pick you up.
me: ooh, fancy? okay, my address is in the next text.
jack: thanks, see you on friday.
me: byeee x

3 days later (friday): date night.

I finish my shift and zoom home (zooming safely because I don't break the laws) because Jack said he's picking me up at 6 and it is now 4:30pm. Guys really don't understand the fact girls take a lot longer to get ready than them.

I get home and park up in my garage and dart into my house and straight into the shower. 

10 minutes later:
I jump out of the shower and dry my hair. I decide to style my hair like this:

When I had finished with my hair, it was 5:40 and I still had to pick out my outfit

When I had finished with my hair, it was 5:40 and I still had to pick out my outfit. Jack said to wear something cute but all I have are jeans and tracksuits.

me: hey jack, can you pick me up at 6:30? I need to do something before.
jack: sure, i'm not even ready yet tbh.

I laugh reading the text and then lock my phone. I lace up my vans, put my hoodie on and get into my car. I drive back to the shopping centre and go into Urban Outfitters they have nothing. I go to Selfridges and find this outfit which is quite cute:

 I go to Selfridges and find this outfit which is quite cute:

When I get home, it's 6:20pm so I text Jack.

me: i'm ready x
jack: wow, i'm still doing my hair.
me: you really take your time don't you? 
jack: don't worry, I will be at yours for 6:30. I'm leaving now.
me: okay, see you in a bit x.

10 minutes later:

*ding dong*

I open the door and Jack is standing there with two plastic cups in his hands, full of drink.

He looks me up and down and smirks.

'You look... amazing' Jack stutters.
'Thank you, you look cute in pink.' I say.
'Stop it, you're making me blush.' he laughs 'are you ready?'
'yeah, let me just grab my phone and bag'

I pick up a pink clutch to go with my jacket and trainers and run to Jack's car. 

'Are you gonna tell me where we are going?' I ask.
'It's a surprise' Jack teases.