Atonement I

"Who's that little ray of sunshine, Judy? Your sweet daughter?" The German emigrant joyously enquired with her firm, hoarse accent as she fixed her hazelish-brown eyes on Elsie as they glinted sheer maternal love, warmness. A beaming, affectionate smile danced on her bloody red lips as the both women verged to have a heart attack as they turned to the little girl by the least expecting her in the library. It has been always a miracle for the former freak show owner to have her own children though she secretly envied Jude for able having her own mini creations, made of her flesh and blood. Envied, due to the fact, she has never thought of having her own biological and considered the freaks who used to be her family as her own children, regardless the sinister, earthbound circumstances. The insatiable, bland fame which she harvested via Hollywood, owning her own show were the reasons why she was childless lady.

In the interval, Elsie offered the both women a benevolent, bashful smile, cracked upon her flushed face.

"It's her!" Judy answered completely sure by swatting affably, euphorically her frail shoulder, subsequently crouching down to her sweet little ray of sunshine. "My Elsie! My heart! Come here Mommy to give ya a big, warm hug!" Meantime Jude snaked her protective, doting arms around her daughter's mid-back by pulling her in a tight, warm embrace, whilst the young brunette purred between the embrace as they shut their flimsy eyelids, relishing its moment. Moment as it was their initial reunion especially in their afterlife. Moment, which she reckoned it as the best thing after holding a grudge when Timothy opted to earn her forgiveness or earn heer normal treatment at least even if he didn't deserve it at all.

"Mommy? Where have ya been for so long?"

"I didn't know ya were there until you finally came by yourself. The whole yourself and brought me enormous happiness, my ray of sunshine." The former sister of the Roman Catholic church murmured cheerfully as the young girl nuzzled her mother's bosom as it has been a long time since she's been with somebody else than her own mother. It molted her heart to edges. Little did she know why her love child was already dead and midst the spectrals inside the purgatory. What if she acknowledged right away the murderer who took her life right away as if she was nothing than a toy for the dangerous, exceedingly perilous assassin? It would render Jude livid, of course. Her loathe towards him would escalate until their toxic, unexplainable relationship improves for better as they work on and accomplish mutual atonement by concluding the purgatory quest, thereafter finding peace with themselves at last.

"Daddy brought me there, thanks to the hostess as he insists to be with you, Mommy!" Elsie commenced explaining shortly after they broke off the hug as they eventually relished its sweet, prominent moment they had. Once the former devotional woman of the cloth heard the word Daddy, she repress her overthinking train of thoughts of the man she lustfully loved and searingly detested for each heinous, foul deeds he did to her, in order to keep their daughter away from her claws and guarding his bland, revered reputation.

"Well, it seems he cares a bit about me, at least." Jude pessimistically replied by pecking a loving kiss on Elsie's creamy, palish forehead.

"Judy! He's trying to help." The German lady attempted to persuade her friend and colleague after figuring out everything behind her drama with Timothy and how she snapped at him and neglected whenever she had the genuine opportunity to grant him a second chance even without forgetting the somber past and take a further step in their relationship's repair. "He's the answer to the unanswered questions in which he's involved, of course!"

"How a traitor is supposed to be helpful since he has enough done to get me in pitch-black mess without an escape from the darkness, Elsa?" In this moment, the Bostonian snapped exasperated at the other blonde as Elsie and Elsa pursed their plumpish lips. Then she held her sole daughter's hand as she was more than pigheadedly determined to flee the library as soon as possible and take a nap, in case to calm her nerves and spend some time with her precious Elsie.