Third Chance

Let go, Ilse

Chapter Two;

You should never look down on a sister except to pick her up.

      Memories of her contempt towards Natalie came rushing in her mind. She had loathed Natalie for taking away her family, the love that could've been hers but, she remembered where that hatred took her. I was standing next to Miss, Bell who was clutching my shoulders.

Llse fisted her hands tightly. She was brought back yet, the swell of resentment was still present, hearing the sounds of footsteps come nearer to the front door.

"Ilse," Vincent Vida called.

Vincent frowned at his daughter, but inside he couldn't help but soften at the sight of his precious little girl. A spoiled brat with no manners, no were closer as sweet as Natalie yet, still his daughter nonetheless.

Mary was happy to see her daughter listen to their instructions to come downstairs and welcome them.

"Ilse, come and greet Natalie," Mary said.

In a trance, Ilse came closer.

There she stood, Natalie who had natural brown curls, doe brown eyes, the skin was a bright white and delicate pink lip like petals. She stood apprehensively by her father, her gullible air was present as she gazed in caution towards me.

I blinked attempting to hold my tears, rather than the usual pain I was brought when I saw her, I only held relief. I was glad to see her alive and well.

Vincent observed his daughter and was concerned that she would start screaming at the girl. "Ilse, this is Natalie, and her parents passed away in a tragic accident she has no one else. We have chosen to take her in."

With a little push from Vincent, Natalie smiled anxiously, her eyes indicated great torment at the mention of her parents' fate.

"Hello, Natalie," Ilse greeted.

Her parent's eyes widen at their daughter standard greeting. Miss, Bell held her gasp, and she tightens her grip on her mistress, what is happening?

In the past, Natalie continually attempted to get along with her, however no matter what she got more irritated at her actions.

Natalie felt her gratitude at having been welcomed. She welcomed back with a small smile, her eyes relaxed no longer presenting her pain.

"Miss, Bell, please show Natalie her room," Mary said.

"I will take her," Ilse interrupted as she smiled at her mother.

Everyone stared at Ilse in confusion, "Take good care of Natalie, Ilse,"

Ilse stared at her father who looked sternly at her, she nodded back.

Vincent was stunned at his daughter action who seemed determined. They were expected to control Ilse tantrum, but she has seemed to mature.

"Follow me-" Ilse grabbed Natalie hand tugging her upstairs who looked at their joined hands before following yet not letting go of Ilse's hand.

Both parents stared at the two girls before looking at each other in joy, perhaps their daughter has matured?