Chapter-6 ''But how?''

I was sitting in the café staring out like always with Misty rushing around taking orders. It's more crowded today than usual. It has been two weeks since I last visited here. She comes back to my booth and lets out an exhausted sigh.

"You alright there?" I chuckle at the sight of her tangled bun which now looked more of a bird's nest.

"Hell no! My feet are killing me, my hair is completely out of control, my brain is messed up with all the orders, I feel like my arms are going to break into pieces right now!" she plops down on the seat across me as I watch her in amusement.

She notices my amused smile and sticks out her tongue at me, making me laugh. Her sight goes on to my table and her eyebrows furrows.

"You didn't get anything for yourself?"

"Nah, I didn't feel like having anything. This place is already packed, I just came to relax a bit. Plus, you don't seem to be in the state to give me my special coffee. What's the point of having anything if I don't get that?"

"Oh, I'm so sorry, I'll get it right now," she gets up from the seat but I pull her back before she can take another step.

"Relax! You don't have to go around taking orders again. I'm not really hungry, it'll be better if you rest for a while. I'll have my coffee next time," I shake my head causing her to smile in gratitude towards me.

After chatting for a little more while we decide to resume our work. She goes back into the kitchen while I leave for my practice.

George was in a really good mood today and had a little pity on me, so the practice was less tiring than usual. After biding my goodbyes to him I decided to hang around for a while. I walk down towards the main street and take a turn towards a lane where there were very few shops. Yeah, I have a fetish for exploring dark alleys. Some people think it's stupidity but they certainly have no idea what beauty these dark streets hold. You can see the boundless deep dark sky embedded with illuminating stars. There are no skyscrapers to block or no blazing brightness to curtain the view.

Of course with the good comes the bad like here with the peace comes the danger of wandering in dark streets. You never know what's lurking around in those dark corners. But what's a real adventure without any risk?

The stores there were dimly lit outside but brightly lit inside. Each one of them had a special theme for their store. A place that shouts warmth. Almost every person walking down the street was covered in paint. Ooo! There's a paintball range around here!

There were couples laughing, teens, everyone with huge grins. Inspite of so many people around me, I kept feeling as if I was being followed. I look back numerous times but everyone seemed to be minding their own business. I push the thought away and stop in front of a diner named 'ClockOut'. I smile at the name and enter the place, it was a pretty small one. There was a huge clock right above the counter and each booth was light up with neon lights. There were clocks drawn on the wall with lights. Altogether it was a cute diner.

I slide inside a booth and see the menu, when a guy approaches me.

"Hi, I'm Markian, what would you like to have today?" he gives me a dimpled smile. I look up and smile at the cute guy with electric blue hair and forest green eyes.

"Sure, could you get me a large hamburger with a strawberry milkshake?"

"Your order will be here in ten minutes," he nods and strolls back inside the kitchen.

Ten minutes and I still haven't got my order yet. As I was waiting my sight falls on the person coming out through the door beside the kitchen, I think the restrooms and sits across my booth. He was a bulky looking guy but what bothered me the most was that he kept glancing at me every now and then. Finally, Markian comes back with my order and placed it in front of me.