03

anya leaned on one of the tables inside the room, working a damp cloth from her bag over her face, trying to rid the streaks of red.

rick stood in front of her, while the other three men stood behind him, still regarding her with unease. anya didn't mind, she had other pressing issues to try and address, such as, what was next?

rick rubbed a hand across his face. "what happened?"

anya gave up trying to scrub the remaining gore from her face and sat down the rag. with a light sigh, she pushed herself up off the desk. "i came for the apparent refugee, i guess. figured out pretty quickly that there wasn't one."

anya pushed her bangs from her eyes, glancing up at rick. "got swarmed pretty quickly, this city's the worst i've seen in awhile."

rick's shoulders tensed. "how'd you get out?" anya thought it was quite obvious, but complied to reply anyway.

"i fought my way through, ran until i ended up here."

daryl suddenly spoke up from behind rick. "how the hell you manage to escape the geeks, huh? there's thousands." he looked her over with suspicion clear in his eyes.

anya raised an eyebrow, crossing her arms. "like i said, fought my way through."

daryl narrowed his eyes. "you get bit? scratched?"

anya stood, holding out her arms, mockingly. "you wanna check?"

suddenly, glenn, who she barely heard a word from, spoke. "while this is nice and all, can we get back to the plan? i'd rather be back before it gets dark."

"plan?" anya asked, realizing she didn't know why the hell the four men were still in the overrun city.

rick stood, taking the few steps over to the model on the floor. "when i got here, i dropped that bag of guns in the middle of the street."

anya nodded with understanding, remembering the bag filled with what would be considered pure gold in today's world.

rick continued, "came back to grab it. only problem is trying to find a way to get it without running into hundreds of walkers."

glenn then crouched down by the model, using paper clips and erasers to help move along the plan. "rick, you and t-dog will be in this alleyway, while daryl and i," he then broke off, looking up at anya.

she nodded, agreeing to take part in what she deemed a suicide mission. anya knew she probably had better things to do, like get the hell out of the city, but she couldn't help but feel damn near human again surrounded by other people.

"us three will be here, and i'll grab the bag of guns. we'll meet back here."

daryl reached over to glance at the the model. "why me?"

glenn made a pointed look to his crossbow, then over to anya's swords that were still sheathed on her back. "your crossbow and her swords will be quieter than rick's gun."

anya hummed quietly, seeing the blantent survival skills in glenn. she carefully examined the blocks that resembled the city. she kneeled down and pointed to where glenn had placed rick and t-dog using crumpled up paper. "why there?"

glenn looked up at them. "if i get cut off and can't get back to you two, i'll run down to rick. that way i'll have you guys covering me both ways." he gestured between the spaces.

anya nodded, a bit impressed. she wasn't the only one, apparently.

"hey kid, what'd you do before this?" daryl questioned, looking a little interested.