Chapter Forty-Nine

The day when Sasuke brought back Sakura, Sarada and Mana back to Konoha, everyone was at shock. They weren't expecting Sakura to come back with Sasuke's child, but now, here they were. Sasuke stayed for a good while to be with his family, but after a few months, he had to leave. Sakura understood Sasuke's reasons and was fine with the arrangement, but deep down, she wanted Sasuke to see their daughter grow, to be part of her life, and let Sarada understand her Uchiha heritage.

Mana, moved out of Sakura's apartment to give way for Sarada's room, and moved in with Konohamaru. Sakura insisted that she didn't need to leave since Sarada was still a baby, but Mana said that it was about time that she got out of Sakura's way and let the woman focus on her own family, besides, she and Konohamaru have been talking about living in for a while. But even if she wasn't living with them anymore, Mana promised to visit Sarada every day and help Sakura with the chores.

There were days when Sakura would ask Mana to look after Sarada since she had to work, meaning Sarada would be staying at Mana and Konohamaru's home until Sakura comes back. There were times when it wasn't just Sarada that they were looking after, but also Boruto. When those days came, Mana and Konohamaru would be seen juggling two babies. In one of their babysitting days, Konhamaru had to leave for a mission, meaning Mana had to take care of Sarada and Boruto on her own, but Mana didn't mind, she loved children, and she loved Sarada and Boruto. And whenever he would leave, Mana would always walk him out, even if she had both Boruto and Sarada in her arms, and he couldn't help but blush at the sight of her with the two babies. But he would immediately dismiss the thought, believing that she wasn't ready – or he wasn't ready.

But there was a time when it was Mana called for a mission and Konohamaru was left to look after Sarada and Boruto.

"Konohamaru." Mana sighed as she read the message that was sent to her through the phone that the newly developed Science and Technology Department created.

"What is it?" Konohamaru asked, in his arms was Boruto who was pulling on his hair, and Sarada, who was annoyingly pushing Boruto away.

"The Hokage is sending me on a mission." Mana said. "I'll try to ask Hikaru-san if she could help out."

"Mana, don't worry, I can handle this!" Konohamaru said, chuckling. "You don't need to call for Hikaru-san."

"But, what about –"

"Mana, I'll be fine – we'll be fine!" Konohamaru said. "Sarada and Boruto and I will have a lot of fun, right guys?" He turned to the two babies. The two simply let out a bubble of their saliva and continued on with what they were doing.

Mana chuckled at the cute sight. She went to Konohamaru and placed a kiss on Boruto's chubby cheeks, making the blonde boy laugh, then she placed a kiss on Sarada's nose, getting the same reaction from the girl, and when it came to Konohamaru, she placed a sweet kiss on his lips.

"It's just a simple mission." Mana said. "I'll be back as fast as I can."

"Alright." Konohamaru said. "Anata aishiteru."

"Anata aishiteru." Mana said.

Konohamaru walked out Mana of the house, he and the two babies didn't leave the door until Mana was completely out of sight. And once she was, Konohamaru sighed, because Boruto just farted, and Sarada was angrily pulling on his hair. It was going to be a long day.

Mana was able to finish the mission within the day. She made sure to pass the market to buy dinner for Konohamaru and herself, while Boruto and Sarada eat the ones their mothers prepared for them. Just as she came to the door of her and Konohamaru's home, she found Shisui sitting at the doorway licking his paw.