Chapter Fifty-Five

Two Years Later

Mana woke at the touch of lips on her neck. She smiled at the pleasurable feeling and traced her hand to her husband's hair. She heard Konohamaru chuckle and hover over her, finally opening her eyes, she saw her husband smiling down at her.

"Good morning, Anata." Konohamaru greeted.

"Morning." Mana greeted back.

Konohamaru leaned down and placed a sweet kiss on Mana's lips. The two chuckled in the kiss and Mana had wrapped her arms around his neck. Konohamaru pulled away shortly but still hovered over his wife.

"Alright, what happened?" Mana said, teasingly. "You're being too affectionate today."

"Can't I just show how my I love my beautiful wife." Konohamaru said, grinning.

Mana rolled her eyes. She sat up in bed, moving Konohamaru to the side but still close to her.

"What time is it?" Mana asked. "We need to get ready for the day - and Kazuto has class!"

"No need to worry, Anata." Konohamaru said. "We got it all taken care of."

"Really?"

"Hai, Kazuto, Yuri and Itachi helped make breakfast and ate; Kazuto already left for the Academy and Yuri and Itachi are spending the day with Himawari, and they brought Shisui with them."

That's unusual. Knowing Yuri, it would take her forever to get out of bed this early... and the kids leaving before I wake up? What's going on?

"Alright, spill it, what happened? Did you and the kids do something that you weren't supposed to?"

Konohamaru pinched Mana's cheek.

"Knock it off!" Mana swatted Konohamaru's hands from her.

"Baka." Konohamaru sighed. "You seriously don't know what today is?"

"It's Monday!"

"It's your birthday!"

"Eh?!"

Turning to the small calendar at their room, Mana saw the 'x'-ed days of June 14 and 15, meaning it was June 16th, her birthday.

"Huh, I guess with all the work to be done I totally forgot." Mana said. "Oh well."

"Why are you acting as if it's not a big deal?!"

"Because its not." Mana shrugged.

"Oh come on! You make the kids' birthday and my birthday a special day- why don't you see yours as one too?"

"I don't know." Mana said. "It's just how it is - I mean, we didn't even make a big deal about it last year."

"Well, last year we had a bit of a hectic schedule, but now I cancelled all your meetings and did all the errands yesterday so you have a free day."

"Konohamaru, that's -"

Konohamaru poked Mana's forehead. Mana blushed at his actions and smiled. Returning the same smile, Konohamaru moved his hand and caressed Mana's cheek.

"You've done so much for the family. You cook, you clean, you make sure that everything is in order, and you make sure to discipline the kids and teach them what they need to know, and you put up with me and my antics..." Mana chuckled at his last part. "Let us return the favor. Consider it your first birthday presents."

"Alright." Mana said.

"And with the kids gone, I might give one of my many gifts to you earlier than intended." Konohamaru smirked.