Chapter 3

Chapter 3: cutest little girl

*Ash's POV*

"where the hell is she?!" I muttered as I walked round the school looking for Cassie.

She wasn't in Math class. Is she avoiding me because she doesn't to return my diary to me. But that'd mean I would be able to keep her diary, which wouldn't make sense seeing as to how much see wanted it back.

She wouldn't play a game with me. She's too timid -which is pretty cute if you ask me- to try play games with me. I'm the bad boy of West Wood. She should know more than enough to play games with me. I would never hurt her though, she seemed too fragile, like she could break if someone talked to her about whatever she was hiding. She has a pretty darn high wall if you ask me.

You want to be the one to break the wall.

I do not!

I decided to skip school and find her house. I need my diary back. I want my diary back. It's not like I've never skipped school before. I've done it like a million times, the teachers all already know that.

Maybe I'll pick Vanessa on the way. I bet she'd want to hang out with her cool as older brother than that lame old baby sitter. I was pretty sure she was bored of Margaret. That lady was freaking boring. I don't even talk to her that much but I can already tell she's a boring person. Even Vanessa has told me that herself.

"hi, may I get Cassie's home address?" I asked Mrs Reynolds, the lady at the counter outside the principal's office.

"and why would you want it?" she asked, raising her eyebrow.

"I'm her partner in a project and I need to hand her the assignments as well. she didn't come to school today so I thought I'd drop by hers after school" I lied, adding the last part just so she'd think I was staying in school until it ended.

"okay..." she said, skeptical.

"thank you," I grinned.

She was so naive.

"here you go," she said, passing me a piece of paper with the address on it.

"thank you," I smiled and walked away.

*Cassie's POV*

I groaned. And groaned. And groaned. I was suppose to get my diary back today! But here I am, sick in bed with a cold with a temperature higher than Mount Everest -maybe I'm too dramatic- and with a slight head ache, not being able to go to school. I would've, but mom said that I was burning up, had a cold and I couldn't go. So of course I didn't, I wouldn't mind skipping school, but my diary!

The door bell rang. And I groaned again. No one's home which means I have to go get it. I swung my legs out of my bed and went downstairs towards the front door. It rang again. And I groaned, annoyed.

Can't that person wait? It's less than a minute, sheesh.

"coming!" I yelled, as much as it hurt to talk loudly with a headache.

"what?" I asked annoyed as I saw Ash's face.

I'll admit, I was pretty surprised that he found my address or he'd actually come over to my house.

"hi!" a little sweet voice spoke.

I looked down a little and saw the prettiest, cutest little girl ever. She had soft dirty blonde locks that fell below her shoulders until her chest and beautiful brown eyes. She wore a pink shirt under her denim overalls. She simply looked adorable. She looked a lot like Ash, of course much more cuter.

"well, hello little munchkin," I smiled at her, bending down, "what's your name?"

"Vanessa," she said, smiling from ear to ear.