| chapter two

*

"What's coming will come and we'll meet it when it does."
- Rubeus Hagrid

*

Jules was working late that one night. It was about 10p.m. and there were still some people left in the café sipping their drinks. Myles stood next to her sighing.

"I swear if they don't leave in ten minutes, I'm gonna throw them out. This is a café not a bar.", he said while cleaning the counter.

Jules laughed. "Well, technically we're open 'till 10:30 so they're allowed to stay for another 30 minutes."

He groaned. "Ugh, I just want to sleep."

"You know you could just head home, Myles. I'll finish everything.", she said looking at her friend.

He laughed. "And leave you alone with them? Never."

Just as Jules wanted to respond to that the TV catched her attention.

"We're very said to spread the news that the world's most eccentric billionaire has died last night.", the reporter said. When Jules saw a picture of her father she let out a laugh.

Myles looked at her curiously. "Why are you laughing?"

She turned her head to look at him. "Because that asshole's finally dead."

"Did you know him or something?", he asked.

"Well, kind of.", she said.

Even though she didn't really feel anything some small part in her still mourned her father. She sighed, she still wasn't going to miss him. Myles squealed quietly. Jules looked at him with a disturbed look on her face.

"How could I be so blind? You were part of the Umbrella Academy, right?", Myles asked her.

She nodded and he smiled.

"That's so cool. My best friend's a damn superhero.", he laughed.

"Would you keep your voice down, please? I don't need them over there hearing that. And how come you're not mad that I never told you?", she finished cleaning up behind the bar and turned around to properly look at Myles.

"Well, I guess we all have our secrets.", he said while winking at her.

"Oh so you're hiding something from me as well? What great best friends we are.", Jules laughed. "I'm sorry, Myles but I guess I'll have to head home for some time. So, you get some days off and we close the café 'till I get back, alright?"

Myles threw his arms around her. "Sounds great. Thanks, Jules. I can look forward to spending some time with my boyfriend as soon as these people over there leave."

Just as he finished his sentence the three men stood up, said good night and finally walked out of the café. Jules and Myles laughed happily and quickly finished up. Myles headed home right after. Glad to actually be able to sleep in the next day.

Jules locked everything in the café and then also headed upstairs to her flat. She quickly packed a bag with her things so she didn't have to do it tomorrow. She'd probably stay at the Academy for a few days seeing as its on the other side of town and she didn't want to drive back an forth that often.

After Jules finished packing she tiredly went to bed and fell asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow.

__________

Jules parked her car in front of her childhood home and turned it off. Grabbing her bag she walked up the front porch and opened the door.

Memories came back as soon as she looked into the foyer. She heard someone clearing their throat next to her and turned around.