| Prologue

*
It's hard to turn the page when you know someone won't be in the next chapter, but the story must go on.
*
________________

16-year old Jules was sitting on her bed with crossed legs while looking outside the window. In the back courtyard of the Umbrella Academy her mother and her siblings along with Pogo were standing in front of a statue.

They were holding a memorial service for their late brother Ben. Jules and her father were the only ones not attending. While her father was simply not interested in paying his respects to his son, Jules just couldn't bring herself to go down there.

Silent tears were running down Jules' cheeks as she watched Klaus. And as if he felt her gaze on him he looked up to her window and Jules could see his red and puffy eyes. He gave her a tight lipped smile. Her, Klaus and Ben had always been close. Now it was just her and Klaus.

Jules sighed. She stood up and walked around her room desperately trying to think about something else than her dead boyfriend. Every time she closed her eyes the only thing she could see was his corpse. And even though she felt extremely guilty about his death Jules knew that she could have done nothing to save Ben.

She laid down on her bed and looked up at the coloured ceiling. When she was ten she insisted to paint her room but her father was against it. After a while of persuading he finally agreed that she could paint one wall in her room. And with the help of her siblings she now had her own little universe spread over her ceiling.

Lost in her thoughts she didn't hear her bedroom door opening and closing again. Footsteps and the feeling of someone laying down beside her tore her out of her thoughts. Lifting her head from the pillow and looking to her left Jules saw Klaus looking right back at her.

"Thought you might like some company.", he quietly said. Jules smiled thankfully.

Sighing she laid her head down on Klaus' chest and closed her eyes. He wrapped his arms around her and put a blanket over the both of them. Listening to Klaus' steady heartbeat Jules slowly drifted off into sleep. Klaus fell asleep only minutes after her. Neither of them saw the raven-haired boy looking over them from now on.