Mating Season

Chat Noir x fem! Neko! Readers

This is an AU where people are born Nekos and Chat wasn't born a Neko so he became Chat Noir to save Paris and also be Neko like , ladybug still does not exists as you know it makes this easier for me 😋 also the reader is not a super hero of any kind .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chat Noir/Adrien's POV

Have you ever felt left out of your own world ? Well, that's me right now trying to exercise equality for gym class where everyone has catlike reflexes so it's quite hard to play dodgeball with them. I'm always the first one out so no one really wants me on their team but with the whole popular model thing they try not to pick me last to hurt my feelings.

I sat at the edge of the court watching the game continue on without since I was already out. Someone aimed at me as soon as the game started and then I was out. I've never really felt included in anything much since I wasn't born a Neko.

"Agreste are you out already ?" Asked the gym teacher yet he already knew the answer and it like he wanted me to feel worse and more like I didn't belong.

" Yes sir, I guess being more catlike is my new objective" I said being more sarcastic than what was really needed but the coach didn't care I wasn't one of his best performing students so why was he supposed to care.

Reader's POV

I couldn't stop staring at Adrien throughout the game and I lost concentration and lost second. The coach saw that I was out and then barked out my name and started lecturing me about not paying attention to what I was doing and more yet I still couldn't concentrate one bit. My mind was on Adrien and how defeated he looked.

I quickly mumbled a "yes coach" and walked away to go sit beside Adrien on the bleachers. He looked out of it, he didn't even hear when I sat beside him.

"Adrien, are you ok ?" I asked staring at him bluntly smelling his sadness. Being a Neko allowed me to smell emotions or well sense it. My (h/c) cat ears twitched a little as I leaned my head a bit to the left.

He realized that I was sitting beside him and then let out a little shriek and jumped a bit. He held his chest in a frightened manner and looked at me like a cat in water, betrayed. (Pun intended)

"(Y/n), don't do that ever again please " he said his breath still unsteady from being frightened. I smiled at him showing my fangs in a friendly way and then bumping my shoulder into his.

"Why so glum ?" I asked pouting at him in a playful manner. He smiled a little and then stared at me for a while not saying anything. I felt as if there was something wrong with a part of my face but I never looked away not wanting to change the subject.

"I just felt left out, not being you know...a Neko" he sighed trying to force a smile at me.

"I can't lie to you I don't know what that's like" I said earnestly and looking away not wanting to upset him.

"It's fine (y/n) , if you lied that would've probably made me feel worse" he smiled bumping back my shoulder and holding my hands.

I smiled at him and we sat there for the rest of the class just watching the game and holding hands, until Chloe started making a fuss about Adrien touching me in someway. No one had to guess that she was angry, her blonde cat ears twitched in annoyance.