Introduction

Hey, My names Trinity Rose Likins  and Im going to tell you about my life. Life was great up until the 24th of June 2015. Me, my mom, my dad and my brother Rio were driving to the grocery store that morning at 11:34 when we came around a blind corner crashing into another car. I remember the car being quiet and a lot of strangers running towards us. I soon realised I was the only one that had survived. I felt like my whole world came crashing down. It took the fire crew 56 minutes to get me out and the entire time I held my brothers lifeless hand, prehaps the last time I'd ever touch him again. After I was free I was put in the back of an ambulance and taken to the hospital. I then found out a had a mild concussuion and a broken ankle. When I was waiting in my cubicle the doctor came in with a women I'd never seen before as well as a police officer. The little bit of hope that I had that my family could possibly still be alive was taken away as the policeman confirmed that everyone but me didn't survive the crash. I broke down in tears again as the women that I'd never seen before sat next to me and explained that she was the owner of Vancouver Children's Home. She led me back to her car and we drove to my home with an officer. Since I didn't have a Key as I was only nine the officer pried the door open so I could collect most of my things. I took most of my clothes, some sentimental things and a family portrait. I got back in the car and we drove to the Vancouver Children's Home also know as VCH. The lady that came to my hospital room showed me to my room. Room 7. She sat me on my bed and told me some rules and allowed me to ask questions, I found out that her name was Debbie and there were 11 other children living here from ages 5-18. Debbie left me in my room to settle and unpack and didn't come back until 6:30. It had almost been 6 hours since my family died. She asked me if I had any other family or friends that I could stay with which I hadn't so I was put on the orphan and adoption list. I went downstairs and had my dinner then came back up stairs to have a shower and go to bed.