The funeral

I woke up the next morning hoping that this was all a dream and of course it wasn't. I laid in bed until Debbie came into my room to prepare me for the funeral. Never in my life would I have ever imagined that I was going to attend a funeral for my entire family. I dressed in a dress that my mom would often compliment me in and some shoes to match. Debbie and I attended along with some of my parents coworkers, some of my brothers friends and my best friend Avery. She was my best friend but I was never hers. Maybe if we were closer I might have the opportunity to live with her but with her small house and big family it simply wasn't an option. I cried a lot that day and at the end of the service me and Avery hugged because this was potentially going to be the last time I ever saw her. The home I was living in was 45 minutes away from my old house and was in a new school district. I had to move schools and I started at Greenwood Elementary in two days. I said goodbye to everyone as Debbie, My parents close friends and I drove to the cemetery where my brother, mother and father would be buried in a mass grave. Afterwards Debbie and I drove back to VCH as I spent the rest of the day mourning.