Chapter 7: Sugar, spice, and bagoong. Put them together and it's RIOT!

I got out of the car and went straight to where Terrence will be holding the gig. He volunteered his grandmother’s house to be the venue, almost a kilometer away from our beach house.

Lahat kaming magkakaibigan, Mimi lang ang tawag sa lola ni Terrence dahil pinagsabihan niya kami na ayaw niyang tawagin siyang granny/lola dahil pakiramdam daw niya lalo siyang tumatanda. She is one of the coolest and badass granny I've ever met in my life. She has this vibe of a true hippie and doesn't give a fuck if she gets attention from her clothing style. Manang-mana si Terrence dito dahil sa ugaling "Fuck the world, I'll stay cool." outlook sa buhay.

Kagagaling ko lang din sa clinic ni Dr. Madrigal for a follow-up checkup. She changed my cast because I was complaining of the itchiness and it was so annoying. Mas gumaan na nga pakiramdam ng binti ko dahil hindi na siya sementado.

I recalled what happened last night and I was so awesome. I kicked Mitchel’s butt right in front of Marie and that’s not even a joke. Pinagalitan niya ako pero wala akong pakialam. It felt so good to have his butt under my shoes.

Hindi ko rin gawain ang biglaang pag inom ng madami pero dahil may naisip akong kalokohan, uminom ako ng tatlong bote ng walang hintuan. Nasusuka na ako noong pangalawang bote pero pinigilan ko. Pagkaubos ko ng panghuling bote, doon ko na talaga naramdaman ang pag-akyat ng asido sa lalamunan ko dahil sa alak, hindi ko na kayang pigilan ang pagsabog kaya isang bagsakan kong isinuka yun sa damit ni Mitchel. GOAL!

His face was priceless! To add more insult on his humiliation, I even captured it in my phone without him knowing it. Nakaconcentrate lang kasi siya nakakadiring likido sa damit niya. I was such a badass.

Marie was as shocked and speechless as Mitchel. Nakatingin lang sila sa isinuka ko na unti-unting kumalat sa damit ni Mitchel hangang sa pants niya.

“I think you need to change or your balls will die in hypothermia.” That was my exact sentence when they woke up in their state of comatose for a minute.

Marie scolded me like a bull. I explained that I didn’t mean it and blamed it on the beer. Poor thing. Tsk, tsk. And because it was acceptable during that time she apologized to Mitchel on my behalf.

Mitchel’s face was so disgusted but he remained calm. Alam ko na yung mga ganung istilo, kunwari kalmado sa labas, pero signal number four sa loob, nagngangalit at dumadagundong. He looked at me in disbelief but I just smiled innocently at him.

 Pinapasok na ako ni Marie pagkatapos kong magsuka dahil nasobrahan ko daw. I obliged immediately, my mission last night was done and successful, so there’s no reason for me to stay there.

I didn’t care what happen to nerdy boy, I just slid on the comfort of my blanket and slept soudly with a victory smile plastered on my face.

Then I heard applause and whistles.

“Earth to Georgie. Kanina pa kita tinatawag pero parang nasa outer space na naman isip mo. Saang planeta ka ba nakarating?” Tanong ni Yana na may kasamang papitik-pitik pa ng mga darili niya sa ere.

“There.” I pointed at the sky using my middle finger at hinampas niya ako.

She rolled her eyes. “Alam mo, pag namatay ka, uunahing tatangalin yang middle finger mo. Overused na daw kasi.” Sabi niya sabay akbay sa akin.

“At last, you decided to show up. Where you’ve been captain? We’ve been trying to contact you for the past days and you didn’t even return our texts and calls.” James popped up out of nowhere. I posed a peace sign at him.

Then someone hugged and squished me like  a pillow.

“Ooooh, you don’t know how much I wanted to do this again.” It was Von now crushing me to death.